Quail population decline:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail population decline:

I have done a lot of quail hunting during my early years in some of the best habitat in some of the best counties in Texas. The last two deer lease properties have some of the best quail numbers I have seen since the late 80's and early 90's. I guess we have missed the parasite.
    Quail are very fragile birds and seem to be looking for a way to die as soon as they hatch.

Comment

I hate hearing things like this. Quail hunting is one of my favorite sports.

Comment

Bob-whites are making a come-back in the area that I hunt around Possum Kingdom. I think the habitat changes in the aftermath of the fires a few years ago may be favorable for quail. We haven't hunted them, but it sure is nice to hear and see them.

Comment

I have seen more quail this year than any other and alot of them with babys this week I saw 2 together with a bout 20 or so lil ones

Comment

Very interesting. There has been so much research money spent and so many theories over the last couple of decades. Hopefully this discovery will lead somewhere...

Comment

Dang I felt like I have been seeing more and more these last couple of years.

Comment

We have gobs of quail right now in McMullen County where I am at. Had gobs of quail last year as well in August and September then we had those huge rains and the quail virtually disappeared. I hope it does not happen like that again this year.

Comment

I have never seen so many quail in my life as I have this year.

Comment

South of Claude in paloduro canyon we got the cows off our place and the grass and foliage is up... plenty of cover for them, saw a few last year saw a ton last weekend they are trying to come back in some areas hope they do in all

Comment

Working...
                    X