No announcement yet.

Now it's Plastic Straws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now the law abiding citizens who properily dispose of their plastic straws are being punished because of those who choose to litter?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      [ATTACH]917289[/ATTACH]
      And only 10 Straws per dispenser.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        [ATTACH]917289[/ATTACH]
        you got a permit for that thing ??

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
          Just got back from two-weeks in Colorado where there was a fire ban. Still found TONS of cigarette butts at the camp sites we stayed at. I'm sure that the car manufacturers thought that they could get smokers to stop smoking when they stopped putting ash trays in cars.
          Ban cigarettes! Banning the item cures everything!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
            Agree. Anyone who spends time, especially fishing, on the coast should detest plastic straws.
            100% agree..A ton of resorts in Mexico don't allow them anymore.If they outlawed them altogether,I'd be more than okay with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
              Plastic isn't the problem, people are. One of the main contributors to the floating island of plastic is China. China claimed they could recycle, so other countries sent plastic by the tons there. The mountains of plastic weren't contained and washed into the rivers and into the Pacific.
              I make plastic for a living. The misinformation by the media is staggering.
              Oh but people aren’t responsible for their own actions. It’s slways somebody(something) else’s fault.

Comment

They should just make littering illegal. That way there would be no plastic trash in our rivers, lakes, and oceans.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  They should just make littering illegal. That way there would be no plastic trash in our rivers, lakes, and oceans.
                  Please stop using logic it’s distracting!

Comment

I think it should be a crime to be from California. That should get you a life sentence.

Chances are if you're from there you're slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      Plastic isn't the problem, people are. One of the main contributors to the floating island of plastic is China. China claimed they could recycle, so other countries sent plastic by the tons there. The mountains of plastic weren't contained and washed into the rivers and into the Pacific.
                      I make plastic for a living. The misinformation by the media is staggering.
                      The truth is starting to come out. There are some interesting ideas on how to clean up the floating garbage patches. Boyan Slat was a guest on JRE announcing that his first effort is launching soon (testing was this month) It sounds like a neat project: https://www.theoceancleanup.com/updates/

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Not sure on legality but I want to say I saw a article last week about the amount of human **** on public walkways and streets in San Francisco is astronomical
                      Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      Can you really poop on the curb?
                      There's even maps for your convenience, the locals complain, but it could be a tourist attraction! http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/ There are apps for your phone as well, for the poop tourist on the move.

Comment

What if you an illegal alien caught drinking from an illegal plastic straw? ....there's a conundrum for them.

If I read the report correctly 97% of plastic straw in the sea come from Asia...that leaves 3% coming from the rest of the world. Let me find that report.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          What if you an illegal alien caught drinking from an illegal plastic straw? ....there's a conundrum for them.

If I read the report correctly 97% of plastic straw in the sea come from Asia...that leaves 3% coming from the rest of the world. Let me find that report.

They will confiscate the plastic straw and deport it to Mexico. Then they will give the illegal alien a drivers license, food stamps, and voter registration card.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

That's because we pay Asian countries to "recycle" our plastic. No different than if I advertised I could recycle used engine oil then dumped it next to the creek on my property.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                100% agree..A ton of resorts in Mexico don't allow them anymore.If they outlawed them altogether,I'd be more than okay with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                Last two resorts in Mexico I visited were the same. Also, VERY quick to pick up empty water bottles and plastic cups.

Comment

Working...
                                X