2nd Amendment repeal talk may have a silver lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Amendment repeal talk may have a silver lining

Like most of you, outrage was my first reaction to the now open talk surfacing about repealing the 2nd Amendment. The more I think about it though, it very well may be a huge win for our side. The Left has finally been smoked out, making their true intentions clear - for decades they have denied that was their ultimate goal. The liberal corners of social media and editorials from both coasts are now in full-throated support of the idea. This support is coming from the most influential section of the Democratic base - the people who control the power, the money and policy. That's how even their most extreme ideas eventually steer the party and become standard party thinking.

It is very likely IMO, that the coastal lib-elites will vastly overestimate how many in this country are anti 2nd Amendment. If it does become standard Democratic policy it will tarnish everyone across the country running with a (D) by their name. How is that going to play with people in flyover country where there are many Independent and Democrat gun owners? Even if a guy running for congress from - say Iowa - denies being for repeal his opponent can still paint the whole party with that brush. If they play their cards right, this could help the Republicans keep their majority. Here's hoping...

Unfortunately i think too many people would line up and say yeah that makes sense. Those are the same folks who say well you dont need "military" rifles
    Last edited by Hooverfb; 03-28-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Like most of you, outrage was my first reaction to the now open talk surfacing about repealing the 2nd Amendment. The more I think about it though, it very well may be a huge win for our side. The Left has finally been smoked out, making their true intentions clear - for decades they have denied that was their ultimate goal. The liberal corners of social media and editorials from both coasts are now in full-throated support of the idea. This support is coming from the most influential section of the Democratic base - the people who control the power, the money and policy. That's how even their most extreme ideas eventually steer the party and become standard party thinking.

It is very likely IMO, that the coastal lib-elites will vastly overestimate how many in this country are anti 2nd Amendment. If it does become standard Democratic policy it will tarnish everyone across the country running with a (D) by their name. How is that going to play with people in flyover country where there are many Independent and Democrat gun owners? Even if a guy running for congress from - say Iowa - denies being for repeal his opponent can still paint the whole party with that brush. If they play their cards right, this could help the Republicans keep their majority. Here's hoping...
      Washington Post (a very liberal news agency) conducted a poll after the former SC Justice made his stupid remark. 1/5th of the country are in favor of repeal. That number is way to small to cause me any grief.

Comment

Those openly proposing the repeal of the 2nd Amendment are not just fighting against a bunch of "gun nuts" who may have been previously thought paranoid and tinfoil-hat-worthy, but, rather, they are now taking on the Founding Fathers.

Comment

Bill Clinton will tell you that the "Assault Rifle Ban" he implemented was the single most disastrous thing he did to the democratic party during his terms in office. Luckily learning from past mistakes is not something the left believes in.

Comment

most of the libtards aren't even trying to conceal their true intent anymore; they make no bones about a full ban on guns, starting with the dreaded assault weapons and then anything that is semi-auto. so from there it goes to the next thing they don't like.
            nothing will ever be enough for them; give an inch and they want a mile.

Comment

They have been the mode to re-write history for a long time. Failing to understand and accept the intent of the founding fathers is a treacherous mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Washington Post (a very liberal news agency) conducted a poll after the former SC Justice made his stupid remark. 1/5th of the country are in favor of repeal. That number is way to small to cause me any grief.
                Rush had a similar take based on numbers also. He noted that the party leaders are pulling back from the retired Justice's remark quick, fast and in a hurry. As Jerp noted, the vast center of the country will not appreciate the veiled attack on the CONSTITUTION........not ONLY the 2nd Amendment but the entire document. That is definitely something that middle America democrats and fence sitters can stand behind. The old man may have just raised awareness that will benefit the 2nd!!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNdKI3KB6k&"]I SUPPORT THE PARKLAND STUDENTS - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Bill Clinton will tell you that the "Assault Rifle Ban" he implemented was the single most disastrous thing he did to the democratic party during his terms in office. Luckily learning from past mistakes is not something the left believes in.
                    50+ seats.... poof!

Comment

Except the Republicans in Congress have a habit of folding when they hold a royal flush against the Dems' pair of 2's.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                        Except the Republicans in Congress have a habit of folding when they hold a royal flush against the Dems' pair of 2's.
                        Touche'............I just had a flashback to how Newt Gingrinch blew it in the early 90's! I have never recovered from that debacle and they tend to KEEP DOING IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                          Yup. Don't get it.

Comment

After all the marches, sit ins, and even well articulated ideas, the youngsters and the left will have a cold, hard reality lesson in constitutional law. Altering the constitution in nearly impossible, for good reason.

Comment

[QUOTE=100%TtId;13280628]Except the Republicans in Congress have a habit of folding when they hold a royal flush against the Dems' pair of 2's.[/QUO

because they all eat and sleep togeather, most of them there is no telling the difference between 'em.

drain all the swamp creatures.

Comment

Working...
                              X