Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

CA to raise minimum wage to $15.00/hr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
    Texas min wage is $7.25 and that's about what a meal at whataburger cost (usually a little more) so it will cost about $15 for a fast good meal in CA until the robots take over.
    When people prove they'll still pay $15 for that "meal", and they will, no one's going to lower the price back to $7.25. $15 will be the new normal.

Comment

Problem is the folks making minimum wage are the same folks who eat the most at fast food joints.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
        Cashiers will be replaced with the u-scan it checkout systems like they have in grocery stores. The station at the Kroger I go to has 8 of them with one attendant helping with problems.

I believe more jobs won't even exist due to this.
        My brother went through the one at Walmart today he was supposed to get 1.$$ back it gave him a $20 back he took it to the customer service desk they didn't even thank him or anything.

Comment

People need to understand that if you work harder and take on more responsibilities then you will earn/deserve a raise. Instead of keep doing what your doing and expect a raise.

Comment

[ATTACH]783894[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
              [ATTACH]783894[/ATTACH]
              That sums up the point I was going to make. There's rookie firefighters making less than $15 for a hell of a lot more work/effort/education. $15/hr is total B S!

Comment

I was working on a business degree while working at the bank and didn't make $8 until after college.

Minimum work = minimum pay

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  When people prove they'll still pay $15 for that "meal", and they will, no one's going to lower the price back to $7.25. $15 will be the new normal.
                  Truth

Comment

Never understood the politicans in CA. Raise taxes so much that people and jobs move out of the state and now this. Cost of living is already high enough out there. Now the cost of a happy meal will double. How are those people supposed to feed their kids fatty meals and sue McDonalds if they can't afford the meals?

I'm looking forward to those annual elk hunts in Montana.

Comment

See how the new higher wage earners like it when they see more $ out of their paychecks to provide benefits for those who lost their jobs because of this.

Comment

Good for California! Raise minimum wage and now watch everything go up to compensate for the increase. Everything and everyone will raise cost and prices to offset the wage increase. I'm just glad California did it so we all can watch it fail before the government made every state raise wages and the whole country collapse. The only good thing about lefty California is that they continue to make dumb laws that fail and prove that they are crazy.

Comment

But it feels right thing to do? And if a company decides to replace good honest $15/hr workers with kiosk...that just exposes the greed of the big companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            But it feels right thing to do? And if a company decides to replace good honest $15/hr workers with kiosk...that just exposes the greed of the big companies.

Small businesses will be forced to terminate a majority of their staff to stay afloat. You can call it greed, or doing what you have to do to save your business.

Comment

Smart moves for an already almost bankrupt state. They should stay afloat with the taxes from the vineyards for a while, but unfortunately the whole west coast believes that everything should be given to them.

Comment

I was in the Bozeman, Montana airport and went to a no-brand fast food eatery. There we 2 people cooking and bagging the food, and 3 kiosks in front to place your order and pay by credit card. The thing was, when I asked them they didn't realize that jobs had been eliminated as a result.

I'm reading predictions that robotics and AI will eliminate some say 1/2 of today's jobs in 30 years.

Well I'm going to hunt pigs Sat am with lead ammo before the lead ban goes into effect here.

Comment

Working...
                                X