Water Totes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Totes

Going to get two (2) water totes for rain water collection at my Cabin.. What do you guys use to cover them in Black.. Paint is obvious (Some pain is for plastic) but really not durable from what I seen but saw a guy on Youtube wrap them in 6mm black plastic and put them back in cage ..

These will primarily be used for wildlife as I already got some set-up for showers..

I painted the one at my cabin and it had held up for 4 years now with no paint coming off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

What type of paint you use .. I know they have some spray paints just for plastic. But what you think about the rubberized " Flex - Seal "..

Just looking at options .. a 500 gallon black water tank costs @ 460 plus you almost have to have a cement slab .. Like the water totes 2 275 Gal hooked up in series is still cheaper than 1 500 Gallon Tank ..

Comment

We use them to feed water troughs in feed pens. The first one we did we wrapped in corragated tin and made a tin roof. The next two we did out of 6 inch fence pickets and did a tin roof. They both work great for keeping the light out and help keep the water in the tank cooler in summer.

Comment

Could you wrap them in the black landscape fabric, or just fabric in General?
          Wal-Mart should have a lot of black or other dark colored stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
            What type of paint you use .. I know they have some spray paints just for plastic. But what you think about the rubberized " Flex - Seal "..

Just looking at options .. a 500 gallon black water tank costs @ 460 plus you almost have to have a cement slab .. Like the water totes 2 275 Gal hooked up in series is still cheaper than 1 500 Gallon Tank ..
            This is what I used. Just make sure the surface is really clean before painting and any spray paint should work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In addition to painting the tote to keep the water clean I also put about a teaspoon of copper sulfate in.

Comment

I just bought a small chlorine float for swimming pools and put a small amount of chlorine tablet in it. Never had an issue with algae and the animals drank the water like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                X