Who has.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has.....

........mounted a reflex sight on an S&W Shield ? What kind, who milled the slide, and how do you like it ? I'm thinking of the Leuopold or the Sig. Already have the Leuopold on my G40 and I like it. I'll be away from here until afternoon, and thanks for all replies.

It's a Shield/reflex desert out there !

Comment

I can't say that I've ever seen a shield with a red dot mounted, I would think that the slide would be to thin to mount any red dot though Dueck Defense makes a sight replacement that holds an red dot and fits in the rear sight slot. Here's a pic of one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
        I can't say that I've ever seen a shield with a red dot mounted, I would think that the slide would be to thin to mount any red dot though Dueck Defense makes a sight replacement that holds an red dot and fits in the rear sight slot. Here's a pic of one

Im curious as to how that recoil does not shear the mounting screws? Sights like this will take a pounding when fired.

Also, wouldn't something like this hurt the overall operation of the slide with the extra weight on it?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          Im curious as to how that recoil does not shear the mounting screws? Sights like this will take a pounding when fired.

Also, wouldn't something like this hurt the overall operation of the slide with the extra weight on it?

I don't have one so I can't speak out of experience but everything I've heard about them has been good, the mounts are solid and fit in the rear sight dove tail. I think the weight would be negligible as it's such a small amount, it may affect the recoil by a millisecond but I don't think it would be enough weight to be able to feel or see the difference. I know that we've never had a probably with the full size with a cut slide and RMR

Comment

That would sit a trifle high, but I guess it would get the job done. That Shield is sure gussied up, but I like the stippling on the grip.

Comment

Looks pretty cool, but good luck finding a holster for that thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                That would sit a trifle high, but I guess it would get the job done. That Shield is sure gussied up, but I like the stippling on the grip.

The stipple was done by GNP Tactical, he's a little pricey but great looking work. Also the slide work was done by Wetwerks USA, has an Apex Tactical Trigger and a True Precision Inc threaded barrel

Comment

Working...
                X