Fly Fishing For Whites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Fishing For Whites

Can anyone school me on fly fishing for white bass in central texas?

If they're biting, not much schooling needed. Big shiny streamer???? Weight forward or torpedo taper fly line.

Comment

You missed out. LivingWaters Fly shop just had a guest speaker present a seminar on this topic last Saturday

Here are the flies recommended

And locations to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old Keith gives a good seminar on white bass fishing and he's dang good at it too. Best advice I can give you is use a sinking tip or plain sinking line. It will keep your fly in the strike zone longer.

I will be giving a seminar on fly fishing for big bass on the 17th of this month.

Comment

If I remember right, my cousin had us catching them on Claus. A white one to mimic a minnow. They were deadly.

Comment

I really don't like to white bass fish, but I have a 6 year old that I turned onto it last year. When the whites get good, he can catch lots of fish. I picked up fly fishing a little the last couple of years so while he's chunking his rooster tail or sassy shad, I'm gonna give this a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              Old Keith gives a good seminar on white bass fishing and he's dang good at it too. Best advice I can give you is use a sinking tip or plain sinking line. It will keep your fly in the strike zone longer.

I will be giving a seminar on fly fishing for big bass on the 17th of this month.
              Where?????

Comment

Clouser minnow - white/chartreuse

some variation of clousers kill it for us when we go.

Comment

I take my kayak out into the schools and use mylar minnows or streamers. It is a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                    Clouser minnow - white/chartreuse

some variation of clousers kill it for us when we go.
                    That was I was trying to say...

They were awesome. I had a micro rig and he was catching more fish 5-1 with the Clouser.

Comment

I haven't done it for a few years, but I would use any clouser so long as it is white. White/red, white/yellow, white/pink you can bring with you if it makes you feel better. It is also the only fly I can tie.

And, any woolly bugger so long as it is black.

One tip, most commercially tied clousers have too much stuff on them. I usually trim off about 1/3 of the material to make them more sparse.

Comment

Sinking line, white clouser. Whatever looks like a white rooster tail!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                          Where?????
                          It will be at Living Waters Fly Fishing in Round Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            It will be at Living Waters Fly Fishing in Round Rock.
                            Great.....any idea on the date...or is it on the website?

Comment

Working...
                            X