Pressure test sprinkler system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pressure test sprinkler system?

We’ve got a leak between our driveway and our neighbor’s. Ground is completely saturated with standing water. Before I call the city and have them tear the area up I want to confirm that it isn’t our sprinkler system piping. Can it be pressure tested like pool plumbing can be?

The area that is affected has a number of potential issues. Sprinkler piping, two waiter main services, tree roots, storm drains, and it’s a low point of drainage between several houses. It did not used to hold water so bad. It first started getting soggy after we put our pool in, but we’ve had the pool pressure tested. I’m worried about what it might be but I just tell myself that it’s fixable and hopefully affordable to fix.

I was positive I was going to have to replace a few sprinkler heads this year because of the freeze. So that means I lean toward the sprinkler system is broken.
    At moments like this I usually throw a $80.00 bill at it and go get a day laborer and hand him a shovel. Currently I have a legal at $18.00 an hour when I need him...
    Good luck.......

Comment

Thank you sir. My fingers are crossed that it’s the sprinkler system and not something worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you shut off the main valve to the sprinkler and wait a day or two and see if starts to dry?

Comment

2 semi simple ways to check. Easiest is to turn you double check off and see if it dries up. Can be hard to tell depending on weather. Other way is to make sure all water is off in your house and charge your irrigation system. After it’s on and pressurized watch your meter and see if the leak detector is spinning. If your meter doesn’t have a leak detector note the reading and then check it again in 10 minutes and make sure no water has passed through it.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
            2 semi simple ways to check. Easiest is to turn you double check off and see if it dries up. Can be hard to tell depending on weather. Other way is to make sure all water is off in your house and charge your irrigation system. After it’s on and pressurized watch your meter and see if the leak detector is spinning. If your meter doesn’t have a leak detector note the reading and then check it again in 10 minutes and make sure no water has passed through it.
            Yes! 1. If system is up to code, there is a shutoff valve, and rotate valve 90 degrees. If not, find backflow, and rotate handle 90 degrees. If water meter continues to run after this, then there is likely a house water leak.

Comment

Turn off all water in the house. Meter spinning? If yes then the city ain’t going to help you. Shut the house valve. Meter spinning? If yes then it’s your sprinkler. If no you have a leak in the line feeding the house.

Comment

Pool drain or overflow?

Comment

First off we did get a lot of rain and I dont see why you would be running sprinklers this time of year. Turn off sprinklers and see if it drys out when we finally start to dry out.

Comment

Working...
                  X