Classifieds- How far is too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classifieds- How far is too far

When looking at buying in the classifieds how far is too far before you decide not to buy something?

I don't even like driving but everything I like to do is few hours away from me. Takes almost 3 hours to go hunt, 3 hours to the coast, etc..

Most of the time most will meet haft way in between,

Comment

I figure in fuel cost and time .....If I have to spend $40 in fuel to save $50 I'm buying new or waiting on something closer. Same with time. I'm not driving 2-4 hours roundtrip to save $100 unless its on my way somewhere..

TBH Express helps some of that but there is no reason to buy something when what you spend to get it, overshoots any savings.

Comment

The TBH Express knows no bounds ! Smart is right, but if you can't/won't drive an hour then you don't want it badly enough !

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I figure in fuel cost and time .....If I have to spend $40 in fuel to save $50 I'm buying new or waiting on something closer. Same with time. I'm not driving 2-4 hours roundtrip to save $100 unless its on my way somewhere..

TBH Express helps some of that but there is no reason to buy something when what you spend to get it, overshoots any savings.
          I spent $25 in gas just to meet an express. I was sailing the item for $40. I'll never do that again.

Comment

Depends how bad you want the item.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Heck anymore for high value items like optics it’s getting ridiculous to ship them.

By the time shipping and insurance is calculated, it can cost $30-$50 to ship at an insured value of $1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Depends on the item and value

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  I spent $25 in gas just to meet an express. I was sailing the item for $40. I'll never do that again.
                  Must have missed economics 101 at PSHS? That and freshman English (sailing?)

Comment

Depends on item, and how badly in need of the item
                    As others have said if savings doesn’t exceed the cost of fuel and travel time it may not be worth the trip, just wait till something closer is for sale

Comment

Lately I am limited to about 30 minutes because of my back. Before that, if I wanted something I have no issue driving. When living near Pittsburgh PA I once drove over to NJ to pick up a KTM project motorcycle. That is all day in the truck lol.

Comment

You will get more answers to your question by browsing the classifieds and seeing all the "wish you were closer post".

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          Lately I am limited to about 30 minutes because of my back. Before that, if I wanted something I have no issue driving. When living near Pittsburgh PA I once drove over to NJ to pick up a KTM project motorcycle. That is all day in the truck lol.
                          All KTM's are project motorcycles. especially the 50's and 65's

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Depends how bad you want the item.
                            This is the answer to the whole question....if you want it bad enough,you will do whatever is necessary to obtain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              No way in hell.... next in line or the buyer can arrange a more favorable TBH express.....or I'll just keep it.

Comment

Working...
                              X