Free range Aoudad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free range Aoudad

Went on a hunt with Mark(Guide) at a 4000 acre low fence ranch in Val verde county. Met another forum member and a couple of his buddies and had a great time. Nice cabin to stay in with WiFi, full kitchen, BBQ grill outside and screened in porch, walk in cooler, ice machine and a great ranch. Mark had sent me some pictures of some really nice Axis and Aoudad, Sika and mouflan crosses. Decided to go after a big Aoudad and finally made it happen. Took my Browning X Bolt Carbon fluted 270 wsm with 140 gr Accubonds and was pleased with the results. This guy made it about 30 yards with a hard quartering to me shot. Never hunted Aoudad before and figured out that they are just as, if not more, spooky animals than
    Axis bucks. Had a great time and will be going back for an Axis buck later in the spring. Hope you enjoy the photos and don't hesitate to give Mark a call!! His number is 210-638-9203
    Attached Files

Another guy shot this one while I was down there.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, one of these days I’ll get me one

Comment

Congrats! on the Big sheep

Comment

What did the hunt run?

Comment

That's a big ol boy, congrats. What are you going to make it of the meat? I always heard they were nasty eating.

Comment

Good one, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                What did the hunt run?
                X2

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                    That's a big ol boy, congrats. What are you going to make it of the meat? I always heard they were nasty eating.
                    They're not...just have to use adaptive cooking.

Interested on price as well, will be pretty close to us when we visit.

Comment

Congrats, great Aoudad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a good one for sure, congrats !!!

Comment

Very nice. I'm hoping one day real soon. I seen one ewe on my place this last weekend.

Comment

Thanks guys. $500 deposit to book your hunt and includes 3 day hunt with guide and lodging. $1500 kill fee plus tips. Guide works for tips only. Ranch gets the $2000. Limited number of trophy hunts per year. Does, Sika, mouflan cross and sheep are available also. That's why they have really big critters, they don't over hunt any species.

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
                              Thanks guys. $500 deposit to book your hunt and includes 3 day hunt with guide and lodging. $1500 kill fee plus tips. Guide works for tips only. Ranch gets the $2000. Limited number of trophy hunts per year. Does, Sika, mouflan cross and sheep are available also. That's why they have really big critters, they don't over hunt any species.
                              That's a smoking deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X