Red River, NM - UTV Trails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red River, NM - UTV Trails?

Headed to Red River in the morning. Taking my stock Ranger Crew 900 XP. Looking at different trail info online about the difficulty, etc....but, like many of us here, I'd like to get opinions from TBHers on what trails we should take.

We've heard to take the Goose Lake trail from several folks, but have also heard others say it's rough as a cob. Lol.

If anyone has any experience with any of the trails around Red River, NM, I'd appreciate some info.

Thanks!

Skinny

Take the Goose Lake trail and Greene Peak Trail, both easy enough in your Ranger. 4th July trail might get rough in a few places but you will be fine if you are careful. You can ride all day up Greene if you just keep going and exploring. Start early and get off the main trails if you want to see deer and elk.

Comment

The Pioneer trail is not much to it and it dead ends but if you really just want to ride in the woods it can be nice. You can take a car or your Ranger over to Lake Cabresto, it is a nice ride but it is more of a road than a trail. Make sure you get your permit, have a spark arrestor and if you have kids they have a helmet. The Ranger will stop you and check your permit and arrestor. I don't know but I suspect the ticket is not cheap.

Comment

Red River Elk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3KX34akLo&t=59s

Comment

More Red River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6Auular2c&t=3s

Comment

Comment

Hope this helps.

Comment

Greene should be good for your truck.

Comment

This is on one of the side trails going up to Goose

Comment

Taken at Goose Lake

Last edited by Okiehunter; 07-11-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

You will cross the Red River at the Goose Lake trail head. You can park on the hwy and drive down to the river.

Comment

We rented a jeep, didn't think Goose Lake was too rough but it was a long, slow ride

Will have to look to see what some of the other trails were

4th of July trail was recommended but not for Jeep traffic so we skipped it

Comment

This is Goose Lake

Greene Peak

Comment

Cabresto would be my pick. It isn't difficult and nice once you get there. I've done the others on atvs and Cabresto is where I would go back to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks y'all! Great pics!

I'll take all into consideration. We will be there 5 full days so I hope to do quite a bit of Ranger riding and such. I'll have my wife and kids age 11 and 9 with me so I'll be a fun time. We went to Colorado last year and took a Jeep ride on Cinnamon pass and Engineer pass....that was pretty dang nail biting at times! We loved it!

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                              X