A trip to Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A trip to Waco

The family and I are heading to Waco in a few weeks (the wife wants to visit the Magnolia Silos). Are there any clean places on the Brazos in that area to picnic and swim?

The walking parks are clean, and there is a water park...a zoo and the mamoth park is cool, and cold

Comment

Drive across the twin bridges and there is a swimming beach on the west side of lake Waco right off HWY 6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just keep the women away from the football players and campus.

Comment

If the water is not running, you can always kayak or canoe on the Brazos below the Whitney dam. Lots of fish down there too. Or skip over to Glenrose and see the Dinosaur Valley State Park. Or Fossil Rim Wildlife area and do a drive through.
          Visit the Clifton Museum and see the remains of one of the oldest burial sights in North America that was found on the Brazos between Waco and Whitney. The documented excavation of the sight is something in it's self, from .22 rim-fire down past the burial in the cave.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillF_2017 View Post
            The family and I are heading to Waco in a few weeks (the wife wants to visit the Magnolia Silos). Are there any clean places on the Brazos in that area to picnic and swim?
            Be prepared for a LONG line at the Silos. That place is a magnet for people. My wife and her sister went and they waited in line for more than an hour just to get into the shop.

Like stated above, there is a nice park along highway 6 on Lake Waco for swimming.

Comment

Take Martin Luther King Blvd. off 35 and go west. Runs right along the Brazos and there are a couple of nice parks out that way.

Comment

See the texas ranger museum well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                  Just keep the women away from the football players and campus.
                  And the PD, newspaper and AG

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. We won't be headed out until the end of July, so I may have more questions prior to.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                      And the PD, newspaper and AG
                      And whatever you do, DONT go on a motorcycle !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X