No announcement yet.

BIG Mountain Lion Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is Chief "Short Summer Moon" and he is only 4'10.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
      congrats to Jacob Nighthorse on taking a real nice spirit cat.

Lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a huge cat.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          Magnolia?
          A-hole??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its a Beauty..if the man is of normal size its a monster...if not all bets are off

Comment

Video is a couple years old.
              Huge lion! I don't care who you are or how large a man or whatever y'all meant.
              Likely just a small caliber varmint round. Video shows the wound/bullet hole.

Comment

Thanks for the video post! One comment about the blood....the largest buck I have ever taken was with my 6.5 Grendel (many have seen the pics & story,) this past November. It was 1 heart/lung shot and until my buddies helped move him to the Ranger, there was little to no blood as well. When moving you could see a small exit then blood coming out?

Puzzled me as well but stranger things happen as we all know. That "open" mouth with the canines sure makes one think about what lurks on the way to the stand sometimes??

Comment

What a monster!

Comment

monster!

Comment

?? pic #3 looks to me like a hole in cat neck right under Nighthorse hand?

Comment

Jeez!! That’s a huge cat!! Awesome pics!!

Comment

Once you know there's a mountain lion lurking on your lease, it will forever change how you walk in and out under darkness and how you react to sounds around you. I watched 2 cross the river less than 100 yards upstream of me while i was fishing and it scared the bejeezus out of me lol reeled in my line and scurried back to camp. What scared me most was i had no idea they were anywhere near me until i saw em cross the river then absolutely DISAPPEAR into the woods across the river. Shattered what i thought i knew about em. Thought they were solitary. Nope. Thought they didn't like water. Nope. They sauntered across the river stepping from rock to rock like nothing. Thought they would steer clear of humans. Nope. All of it had my heart trying to thump right through my dang chest! Never fished that spot again and now i ALWAYS have my pistol strapped to my leg when i go river fishing

Comment

thats one big kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                              Once you know there's a mountain lion lurking on your lease, it will forever change how you walk in and out under darkness and how you react to sounds around you. I watched 2 cross the river less than 100 yards upstream of me while i was fishing and it scared the bejeezus out of me lol reeled in my line and scurried back to camp. What scared me most was i had no idea they were anywhere near me until i saw em cross the river then absolutely DISAPPEAR into the woods across the river. Shattered what i thought i knew about em. Thought they were solitary. Nope. Thought they didn't like water. Nope. They sauntered across the river stepping from rock to rock like nothing. Thought they would steer clear of humans. Nope. All of it had my heart trying to thump right through my dang chest! Never fished that spot again and now i ALWAYS have my pistol strapped to my leg when i go river fishing
                              I will never forget a Mule Deer hunt near Raton many years ago. We were stalking and I slid down a snowy, short slope to a lower elevation. I landed right in the middle of Lion tracks. Our guide was just behind me and confirmed the same. Of course, no lion we could see but the hairs on my neck stood out!

As stated before, we have confirmed sightings and 1 road kill near our lease at Sterling City. I too have my double stack 10mm with me always. I dam sure can't run from one so try to be alert not only for the feline critters but numerous hogs we have.

Seems everytime in my hunting life I took anything for granted I learned otherwise. Does not hurt to be prepared....just saying!

Comment

I meant Robert Lee...but hunted around Sterling and Water Valley for many years!

Comment

Working...
                                X