Shingles are a bad Mofo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shingles are a bad Mofo

I have been in pain for 1 month as of today. In May, my arm started hurting like I slept on it wrong. The next day I was in severe pain ans I assumes I had a pinch nerve in my shoulder causing the pain, but the pain was much more painful than any pinched nerve pain I had in the past. I went to the chiropractor hoping he could work the pain out, but after 3 days I checked myself into the ER. Of course, being on my left arm, they wanted to rule out heart attack or stroke, so they did all the exams , cleared me , and sent me on my way with pain pills & muscle relaxer for a pinched nerve. The pain medicine wasn't doing anything except easing it for about 30 minutes after I took it, so about 2 days later, I thought I had burnt my arm with the heating pad because I had a few red bumps on my shoulder. I decided to have it check out because of side effects of the pain medicine, I walked in & they immediately said shingles, and that had been why all the nerve pain. I started my shingles medicine and the pain & blisters started to improve. but even today I have some pain in arm & hand. I can deal with this compared to the pain at the beginning. The worst part has been, I have probably gotten less than 3 bad hours of sleep per night since the beginning, and I'm tired. As soon as it is completely gone, I will be at the doctors getting a shingles shot
    Attached Files

That looks really painful. My wife and I have been advised to get the shingles vaccine but I know two people who have recently had an outbreak in spite of getting the vaccine. I guess that can happen, but hopefully it will reduce the chances.

Comment

Shingles sucks. I get it every few years since I was 7. You're lucky that its only part of your arm. I have seen some cases in the hospital that it covers half their back and their stomach.

You know what it is now, so if it starts to happen again, call your doc and get started on some antivirals.

Comment

Had them once, when I was 11. Covered my chest, and made it almost impossible to breath. Crazy experience to say the least.

Comment

I feel your pain brotha.....I take meds now and haven't had them since. Anyone who had chicken pox can get them. They suck.

Comment

My dad had it on his face, almost lost his eye. Get well soon.

Comment

prayers for ya bud

Comment

I heard how painful shingles are and took the shot about a year ago. No use taking any chances.

Comment

Man that looks like it hurts. My brother had them and he said it was crazy painful.

Comment

Mine broke out right between my eyes on my forehead.
                    Bet my pain was worst than your pain!!!

Comment

I had them over the Holidays. My SIL gave me some Essential Oils concoction. It pretty much knocked them out. If you want, I'll mail it to you with directions.

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                          I had them over the Holidays. My SIL gave me some Essential Oils concoction. It pretty much knocked them out. If you want, I'll mail it to you with directions.
                          Please do

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            Mine broke out right between my eyes on my forehead.
                            Bet my pain was worst than your pain!!!
                            I have told several people that I don't know how anyone could take the pain on the face. Early on it felt like someone was hitting my arm with a 240 volt power line. MY wife said she would watch me and my body would just jump every 10 seconds. Now it is much better and only feels like someone send 12V through my arm

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
                              You can treat a viral nerve infection with some oils? Do you mind telling me which breed of unicorn your SIL extracted that oil from?

Comment

Working...
                              X