Lake Travis Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Travis Blues

I was wanting to run the boat a little bit so I decided to put out a few jug lines Friday evening.
    Ended up with 24 blues and 1 channel cat. No big fish but it was worth getting out of bed for.

On a side note, I realized that I had shared the boat ramp with a legend. He was blocking the dumpster, but with a head of hair like that he can park where he pleases.
    Attached Files

Pace bend boat ramp!?

Comment

FLW coming to town!!

Nice mess of cats! Love fishing Travis.

Comment

10-4

Comment

Was the lake crowded?

Comment

That's a good box of eaters.
            What bait were you using?

Comment

The lake was semi crowded, mostly tournament fishermen. Less crowded further up the river.
              Caught all of them on chicken hearts. Not my first choice but cheap, readily available, and easy. Hold a hook pretty well too.

Comment

Good catch!

Comment

Nice catch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Blues like chicken. I use garlic soaked chicken breast when I can't catch any bait. Shad and bluegill are my favorite but chicken anything will catch blues when fishing jugs.

Comment

Son! That is great man, and my 6YO is itching to get out there. I live about ten minutes from Pace Bend, and we actually loaded up the boat and drove to the ramps on Saturday about 3pm. They were so packed, I couldn't even turn around. Came home and decided to fish another day. I have the noodles ready, and your pics are motivating me to get out there! Well done on a mess of good eats!

If I'm not mistaken, there is another tourney out there 2/16 - 2/20.

Comment

I do not miss trying to catch shad on Travis. That and the rich landowners thinking they own the coves LOL

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                          Son! That is great man, and my 6YO is itching to get out there. I live about ten minutes from Pace Bend, and we actually loaded up the boat and drove to the ramps on Saturday about 3pm. They were so packed, I couldn't even turn around. Came home and decided to fish another day. I have the noodles ready, and your pics are motivating me to get out there! Well done on a mess of good eats!

If I'm not mistaken, there is another tourney out there 2/16 - 2/20.
                          Yeah I try to be off the water before it gets too crazy.
                          Evidently Travis is developing a reputation as a pretty solid bass lake. The quantity has always been there but quality seems to be improving.
                          We grew up fishing there. These full lake levels are great, and from now till June you can catch all the catfish you want. Really they bite pretty good year round.
                          I prefer perch or cut carp, also big shad if you can find them.

Comment

OK who is the legend? Only one I can recognize by his hair is Bozo.

Comment

I don't know what his friends call him, but I think his name is Jimmy Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X