No announcement yet.

Who has not seen a tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode one out under a bridge as a kid, but my eyes were closed lol. Seen many funnel clouds but no actual tornadoes.

Comment

Seen a few water spouts offshore and a few very small tornados fishing along the coast. I've seen a lot of funnel clouds fishing the coast as well given conditions seem to be right for that type of activity sometimes; i.e. warm air from land, mixing with cooler ocean air, etc. None of these I've seen were what I would call very significant.

Can't say I've ever seen a tornado that anyone would call larger than even a small F2.

Comment

I have never seen one in 49 years.

Comment

Saw a couple at lake Whitney in about 1995-96. The wife and I were leaving to see her family that afternoon. Was sunny at our house when we left. We lived about a mile off the highway and when we got almost to it, we could see a really dark looking cloud to the west. When we got to the top of the hill we could see the tornado. It was about 4-5 miles from us at that time. We needed to go east which we thought at the time was away from it so we take off. We got almost to the dam and see what looked like 3 over the lake twisting around each other. We turned around and hauled arse south. We went and looked at the area hit a few days later and it was really awful to see. Lots of damage on it. If I remember right it was an F4.

Comment

Don’t care to see or be in another one. There is nothing exciting about being that scared

Comment

I’ve seen a couple small ones, but this was a good bit bigger that came through the west side of our ranch 2 years ago. It was rain wrapped so you couldn’t see anything, no one had a warning until it was already through our area.

We got lucky and only lost trees and fences, but my neighbors got a direct hit. We’re still picking up pieces of their houses 2 springs later.

The trailer blew from my neighbors barn about 250 yards into that small tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had one hit in bryan a couple years ago. Hit my parents neighborhood. Seen it from highway 6 in front of Lowe’s. Luckily my parents were alright but 2 streets over and half that neighborhood was trashed from it.

Comment

Never seen one myself and WILL NEVER go chasing them, on purpose.

Comment

Oh texastornado stired up a huge tornado nobody ever saw coming!

Comment

A lot of funnel clouds. One small one that touched down in Tx city.
                      One waterspout about a quater mile away while bait shrimping in Chocolate Bay. I ask my father in law if we should leave. He laughed since the shrimp boat was so slow. We never even pulled the net up.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was chasing a few once.. saw houses disappear, cars and trucks flying through the air, even cows whizzing by the windshield... we finally got a trrashcan full of pokemon balls into position to be sucked up into one..still not entirely sure why...it was the ex-wifes idea....when the truck got stuck on a telephone pole that had been snapped like a toothpick and hurled at us... we got off it and then ran to a farm house.. where we hid in a shed of old sickles, cutting blades, knives, etc - but got out of there and strapped our selves with a drive belt to a water pipe in a well house... same 'nado (thats what we call 'em) that threw the cow and snapped the pole wasnt strong enough to break my kung-fu grip on that water pipe...and I was able to save my ex-wife.
                        Last edited by systemnt; 04-12-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          I was chasing a few once.. saw houses disappear, cars and trucks flying through the air, even cows whizzing by the windshield... we finally got a trrashcan full of pokemon balls into position to be sucked up into one..still not entirely sure why...it was the ex-wifes idea....when the truck got stuck on a telephone pole that had been snapped like a toothpick and hurled at us... we got off it and then ran to a farm house.. where we hid in a shed of old sickles, cutting blades, knives, etc - but got out of there and strapped our selves with a drive belt to a water pipe in a well house... same 'nado (thats what we call 'em) that threw the cow and snapped the pole wasnt strong enough to break my kung-fu grip on that water pipe...and I was able to save my ex-wife.
                          So you were that guy!!!

Comment

Who has NOT seen a tornado

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                              Oh texastornado stired up a huge tornado nobody ever saw coming!
                              Lmao

Texastornado was an f5 out of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Should've made a movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X