• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There you go swampa

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      Heck yeah. He was steaming!

At 84, doesn’t have much tolerance at a busy ramp. He griped about it most of the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
          Let’s keep this one going. I’m making some more jugs as we speak. Gonna be back out on Conroe some time this week!

I think orange is supposed to mean commercial Fisher. Not sure on the rules though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not trying to be TBH game warden or anything. Just trying to save you some trouble. Orange is definitely easier to see though.

Comment

I would love to tag along with someone on Lake Travis and see how this works.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                I think orange is supposed to mean commercial Fisher. Not sure on the rules though.

I just used white duct tape to cover mine. Seems to hold up well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                  I just used white duct tape to cover mine. Seems to hold up well.

I do the same..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    Not trying to be TBH game warden or anything. Just trying to save you some trouble. Orange is definitely easier to see though.

I had no idea but thanks for the heads up[emoji106]. I’ll change them or wrap some tape around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                      I had no idea but thanks for the heads up[emoji106]. I’ll change them or wrap some tape around them.

You might check with tpwd. I'm not sure if it's illegal or not. Just hate to see people get in trouble when they didn't know.

Comment

For most of my life, we used anti-freeze bottles for jugs. They were easy to stack in boxes, layed flat on the water until a fish was on(then they stood up nicely and stand out on the water), and were easy to see. I've done the pool noodle jugs recently and just don't like them as much. Am I alone in this? Loves me some jug lining for cats.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
                          For most of my life, we used anti-freeze bottles for jugs. They were easy to stack in boxes, layed flat on the water until a fish was on(then they stood up nicely and stand out on the water), and were easy to see. I've done the pool noodle jugs recently and just don't like them as much. Am I alone in this? Loves me some jug lining for cats.
                          You're not alone. The "jug" needs to be really hard to pull under, otherwise a big one will pull it under enough to get hung up. On Travis there are some strong blues and they will get hung on dock cables mainly.

I won't use a jug unless it's 1 gallon or larger.

Comment

30# + fish need a real jug. I prefer to find mine in the same general area I left them.

I like 2 gallon bleach bottles. Main line goes in the jug then screw on the cap to store.

Noodles excel when the action is fast and you can watch them. They can wander off alot easier left out overnight.

Comment

Well, my wife's family reunion is held at Lake LBJ every summer. They are all big water skiers, but the good Lord blessed me with a jugliner's physique not a skier's.

We took the week off and came out to Kingsland so naturally I would be doing some light fishing.

The action was slow but steady, we ended up with 7 gallons of fillets.

We had 5 yellow cats, the biggest about 12 lbs. Biggest blue cat went about 18.

This marks the storage of the jugs till about the middle of September.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Lol @ "jugliner's physique." That's awesome, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X