No announcement yet.

Tile contractor issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At that price, you get perfection reguardless of structure issues. That’s $1.00 above average here for the best of the best.... not the mess I see pictured

Comment

So lady came by earlier. Very apologetic for all the issues said it was not up to their standards. Said the crew knew never to leave behind any trash, they have dumpsters at their shop and they are supposed to leave job site cleaner than they found it. She took pictures of the window and said to email her a written bid and she would have a check cut for it. Also took pictures of the hand prints and splatter on the walls hand said that was unacceptable. The tiles around the 2 outsides of cabinets have to be fixed correctly as she agreed trim should not go in those 2 spots. She actually found 2 other spots that she is making them fix that I thought trim would cover. Also said about the grout on top of the tiles that she would get a deglazer and have them clean the tiles. About the square footage she said email her the measurements of each room and she will see where the difference is and fix it. They measured the kitchen without cabinets so she will deduct the labor cost for the square footage of the cabinets. Also since they did not lay kitchen in diagonal pattern and wife is happy with it in the strait pattern they will deduct the extra labor for that.

They are supposed to be back ASAP to fix all issues so we will see. If she stands by what she said I will be happy. Thank you everyone for the advice.

Comment

Sounds like they are trying to make it right. ��

Comment

If they make it right, I wouldn't complain. Actually, I'd commend them for making it right. People mess up but those who own up to it and make it right should be commended for doing so.

Comment

Good start. Possible new “install group”... could be their last sub

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Good start. Possible new “install group”... could be their last sub
              I was kinda thinking same thing. Since the flood I know they are WAY behind. I’m sure they have hired some new crews. Or it could be they get away with what they can till someone calls them on it and then they fix it and apologize for the mistakes.

Oh ya forgot to mention earlier when I asked about how much extra material they put in she said 10% unless weird wall designs then 15%.

Comment

You are holding the checkbook.

Tell them they get paid when corrections are made to your satisfaction.

Comment

Dang flooring contractors. Make them fix it and haul off their own trash. They shouldn’t have over charged you on the footage but sadly it’s common in this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                    Dang flooring contractors. Make them fix it and haul off their own trash. They shouldn’t have over charged you on the footage but sadly it’s common in this industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I measure all mine exact and have them order as close to that on the plus side and I’ve never ever ever ever been short unless there was a broken box. By time I use scraps and account for grout lines I usually have 2-3 boxes per 1000 ft. Left over

Comment

Well since I work for a flooring company as a field supervisor I see stuff exactly like this on a daily basis.

Call the company and get in touch with the sales representative you used there. Request that the sales representative come out with their boss and do a QC walk with you and point out your concerns with them and tell them you want them to bring a copy of the work order they gave the contractor when the tile was dispatched. If they are like we are they use 1099 guys and unfortunately you get crappy installers like this from time to time. Find out what the bid specs were and what was actually dispatched with the crew for tile square footage. The company if they are as big as you say will have what’s called territory money and that comes out of the sales reps pot of money they have in order to fix issues like this. Again, I can not stress enough to have that sales rep and their boss come out and QC walk with you. A lot of problems will be solved for you I’m sure. Sorry about the crappy install you got and best of luck with getting it resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                        So lady came by earlier. Very apologetic for all the issues said it was not up to their standards. Said the crew knew never to leave behind any trash, they have dumpsters at their shop and they are supposed to leave job site cleaner than they found it. She took pictures of the window and said to email her a written bid and she would have a check cut for it. Also took pictures of the hand prints and splatter on the walls hand said that was unacceptable. The tiles around the 2 outsides of cabinets have to be fixed correctly as she agreed trim should not go in those 2 spots. She actually found 2 other spots that she is making them fix that I thought trim would cover. Also said about the grout on top of the tiles that she would get a deglazer and have them clean the tiles. About the square footage she said email her the measurements of each room and she will see where the difference is and fix it. They measured the kitchen without cabinets so she will deduct the labor cost for the square footage of the cabinets. Also since they did not lay kitchen in diagonal pattern and wife is happy with it in the strait pattern they will deduct the extra labor for that.

They are supposed to be back ASAP to fix all issues so we will see. If she stands by what she said I will be happy. Thank you everyone for the advice.
                        Sorry I did not read through before responding. If they are a big company, again YOU shouldn’t have to measure anything! They should send a supervisor out to go over everything and THEY should do the measurements! Speak to her supervisor and request they he/she comes out. I’d be willing to be this has not been elevated up. You have damages to your house that has nothing to do with flooring, get her supervisor out immediately. Also, keep doing everything by email that way there is a paper trail.

Comment

Better look around and find where they mixed and cleaned their buckets.. May be another surprise out there needing attention

Comment

Originally posted by MilMan View Post
                            Sorry I did not read through before responding. If they are a big company, again YOU shouldn’t have to measure anything! They should send a supervisor out to go over everything and THEY should do the measurements! Speak to her supervisor and request they he/she comes out. I’d be willing to be this has not been elevated up. You have damages to your house that has nothing to do with flooring, get her supervisor out immediately. Also, keep doing everything by email that way there is a paper trail.
                            Thank you for the advice, I’m going to give the sales lady a chance to make it right like she said she would before I escalate it to the managers/owners. She’s been there since they opened I do believe so she should have some clout.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                              Better look around and find where they mixed and cleaned their buckets.. May be another surprise out there needing attention
                              Already found it. They pulled the water hose around from the side to the front of my house close to the front door for that and made a mud hole that they put bucket lids on top of to walk thru. Luckily it’s on the opposite side you enter the house from. I pointed it out to her also kinda crappy but the least of my worries.

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X