Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Lbs pull for a new drop in AR trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Lbs pull for a new drop in AR trigger?

Looking at different drop ins. Can’t decide between 3,3.5,4,4.5. I lean towards a 4 in case I shoot steel cases. What’s your choice and why?

Why would steel make a difference? Pull is different than strike.

I like Geissele 2 stage at about 3 lbs total and they strike just as hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
      Why would steel make a difference? Pull is different than strike.

I like Geissele 2 stage at about 3 lbs total and they strike just as hard.
      One trigger manufacture recommended 4lb pull. Velocity

Comment

usually set a S Auto a little heavier than single fire

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
          One trigger manufacture recommended 4lb pull. Velocity
          That is in order to smooth and reduce their trigger weight they lower the strike poundage. Unacceptable for me.

Geissele does not do that.

Comment

Ordered a hyperfire 3g earlier this week for 110 brim brownells.

Comment

Most triggers you get the pull weight does not affect hammer strike. Usually it’s only when you go to like JP springs or the such on a mil spec trigger or similar that it will impair primer strikes. Depending on what you like two stage vs single and what the rifle/pistol will be used for will dictate what you get. Have a 4.5lb Geissele enhanced combat 2 stage and it works good for an all around good trigger. Also have a single stage CMC 3.5lb that does good for precision and up close and fast work, but you don’t get the first stage to wade into. Just have to figure out what you like and your usage.

Comment

1.75. I like it hot.

* for the second stage that is. We're hunting, not breaching doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                  That is in order to smooth and reduce their trigger weight they lower the strike poundage. Unacceptable for me.

Geissele does not do that.
                  I have two Geissele Match triggers of some variation. I replaced the trigger return springs with Wolf trigger springs. That definitely improved the trigger. I liked them before, but was not extremely happy with them, but after replacing the trigger springs with lighter trigger springs. They are much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                    1.75. I like it hot.

* for the second stage that is. We're hunting, not breaching doors.
                    Yep. I found a lot of the guys giving advice on ARs act like ARs are only for tactical purposes. You don't want anything less than a 15 lb. pull trigger, bla, bla, bla.

When I tell those guys how light my AR triggers are, they tell me right of, those are extremely dangerous. Strangely I have never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
                      Ordered a hyperfire 3g earlier this week for 110 brim brownells.
                      I bought one of those triggers also, Brownells had them on sale. Then they were listed as having an adjustable trigger pull weight. I forgot what the lower lb. setting is supposed to be, but I set my trigger up with the lighter springs. It actually seems like a pretty good trigger. I have not gotten to shoot that gun yet, but so far I like the trigger. At first, I the hammer was slow to move, once the sear was released. But once I lubed it up with the supplied lube and worked the hammer back and forth numerous times, the hammer got a lot faster. I was afraid the lock time, was going to be high, right after I first installed the trigger.

So far, it seems like a good trigger. I want to buy a CMC trigger for my last AR, but I keep finding Rise triggers and Elfman triggers. I know the Elfman are great triggers. I want something different from the Geissele triggers I have and the Hyperfire. I want a single stage trigger or two. The Rise triggers I have tried, I like. I found a CMC a while back at a gun show, that I really liked. The dealer that had it, had close to 15 demos set up, mostly CMC triggers. One of the CMC triggers he had I really liked a lot, but I don't know which model it was.

Comment

CMC's are all i run, recommend, install on friends/family's AR's. Made in Texas. Flat/ curved dont matter to me. I like em all. And for the record i do not have any affiliation with the company
                        Last edited by talleywack97; 02-11-2018, 02:54 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Comment

I bought a 3.5 CMC straight. I’ll let y’all know how I like it

Comment

I've got a curved 3.5lb Black Rain Otdinacr trigger in my new AR10.

In wish I would have kept the 3.5 lb cmc in my AR15.

I'm undecided if I like it.
                              I've got big hands. Wear a 2XL glove.

I swapped out the Stock Pistol grip with the BCM Gunfighter I had on my AR 15. It's got the biggest back strap on it.
                              It still feels like the trigger is hitting the meat on the first joint of my index. If I open the pad of to of my finger on the trigger it feels crazy akward to pull smoothy.
                              I just can't feel it like I could my CMC.

Been thinking of going to a flat trigger. But with these big hands I am worried about dropping $250 on a new trigger that don't fit.

Am I the only one with big hands?
                              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 03-26-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X