Chicks dig scars

Comment

Totally could of been worse

Comment

Whole new meaning to just putting the tip in! Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
          I don't think you're an idiot. You hang around power tools long enough, ones gonna bite you. That's just the way it goes.
          Yep, for sure!

Comment

Man I bet that was painfull

Comment

Here's a comparison of the Sawstop and Bosch Reaxx contractor style saws, a good size for home and hobby use. They're around $1,200-$1,500 which isn't that bad if you consider that a decent basic table saw is $500-$600.

If you're chief concern is safety then the Bosch ReaXX vs SawStop JSS-MCA table saw comparison needs to begin with features and end with pricing.

A couple safety tips for guys who already have saws and aren't looking to upgrade:

1. Keep your eyes on the blade 100% of the time. Even if you drop something, someone walks into your shop and calls your name, a bee stings you, etc. You have to train yourself to do this but then it becomes easy. It's like keeping your muzzle pointed in a safe direction, don't ever look away.

2. Keep your blade height as low as possible to cut what you need to. Don't have 3" of blade up through the table when you're ripping a 2x4. As long as you aren't pushing it through from the back any cuts will be less severe.

3. Always use a push stick on smaller pieces, don't run something through the blade with one finger. You can also push something through up to the last floor or 2, then reach back and pull it through to finish the cut. See #2 so you aren't reaching over a couple inches of exposed blade.

4. The smaller off-cuts of your workpiece should on the opposite side of the blade from the fence, not towards it. Pinching things between the blade and fence is what can cause kick-backs.

Comment

But did you have eye protection on??

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post

Comment

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                      looks like you could have lost you hole finger........
                      FIFY [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                        As a matter of fact I did.

Comment

I did basically the same thing to my left thumb about 5 years back. It grew back pretty well. Most people can't really tell and I am starting to get feeling back in it. Good luck to you.

-john

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Working...
                            X