Kothe's Pasture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kothe's Pasture

Kothe's Pasture is running bowhunts again!
    After a new job caused the owner to lease out the hunting or not have hunters at all for a few years, he is back to being able to run hunts again.
    He told me yesterday that he is also going to run hog hunts until the first part of September to try to thin them out a little before deer season opens. He said he is overrun with hogs right now.
    He does not have a web site anymore and isn't planning on having one any time soon so his hunts will have to be advertised by "word of mouth".
    The ranch is located in Mason County, between Mason and Fredricksburg.
    I don't know details of the hunt packages or anything except that he said his hog hunts are going to be $50 a day and his deer hunts are $200 a day.
    There are some good deer on the property. He sent me a picture of one he had at one of the feeders recently. (I will try to attach it here if I can).
    Owner's name is Ashley Klaerner and his phone number is 512-466-9892. You can call him to get more info on the hunt packages, lodging, etc.
    Attached Files

That's the place we were looking at. We had a group of 5/to hunt the entire place for 300/ hunter per weekend, which imho is not bad if there are animals. One of his stipulated rules was one buck 15" or wider and one doe. Ashley told me there was an occasional hog during the season. Hummm. Anyway my group fell apart. So of anyone needs 2 to go to a place like this we would appreciate the opportunity.
    Thanks Ferg

Comment

Went there about 10 years ago with some guys from the Lone Star Bowhunters Association. It was a doe hunt and we had a good time. I saw multiple bucks and did stick a doe.

I don't remember how to pronounce the name of the ranch but I do remember that it doesn't sound like it's spelled. Can someone refresh my memory?

Comment

Got opening weekend. Hopefully it is as good as I think it will be. I am after this split G2 guy in the pic above. I am super excited!!!!!

Comment

Kool good luck

Comment

It sounds like Coat-eee's Pasture. I wrote a song about the place that was on my CD several years ago.

Comment

Working...
            X