Skull Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull Creek Ranch

Just came back from Skull Creek Ranch / Boars Nest . Me and 5 of my friends went up there for the weekend to get away and put down some hogs. I know many people ask for hog hunts so I thought I would give you my opinion on the place .

First the John the owner great guy easy to deal with , will help you out with anything you need . He was easy to communicate with would always call me back and answer any question that I had . He really pushes family hunting and this place is set up to bring your kids , wife or friends

The place is great has everything you want . The cabin is nothing fancy but it has everything you need . We caught several fish out of the pond , there was a nice place to make a fire and a big BBQ pit.

All the stands were set up for at least two people . Some stands could fit up to 3 . The shots were no more than 50 yards and in some places shorter than that . All feeders had lights under them when it was time to hunt at night . The only thing was that the lights were only right under the feeder so may times you could hear the hogs but you wouldn't see them unless they were right under the feeder . there might be a good reason for that but I wish there was a little more light around the feeders.

80 acre fenced in area . I would recommend adding that to your hunt if you can . There are three stands in there, all fit 2 or more people, nice set up . You are going to see pigs in there. Rifle hunters will have and easier time in there . Bow hunters it is still going to be some what of a challenge if you don't play the wind especially for the bigger hogs.

Would I go again "YES" . It is a great place . If you have kids I recommend this place because of the set up . We took three hogs from there . We DIDNT hunt hard . Two were in the fenced in area 1 was in the free range area. There are signs of hogs every where . If you are experienced in night hog hunting this is a good place to go. The place felt like mine for the weekend . John told us to bring pop blinds set up where we wanted to. Just respect the place and leave it the way you found it.

Sounds like a good time, congrats on the pigs

Comment

Working...
    X