DYI feeder light photo type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DYI feeder light photo type

I have a few things laying around so I ordered a project box and made me a feeder light to test out.

It is running off a 9 volt battery and is held to bottom of barrel by magnets. The remote will change the color of the lights, on, off, brightness of lights but is range limited, maybe 15 feet at most.

Will hang it next time I go out.

Awesome...general idea on cost of project?

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
      Awesome...general idea on cost of project?
      Box cost about $15 but I can find them cheaper if I look harder. The rest of the stuff are left overs from installs and a 9 volt battery.

I could wire them to run off a 12 volt feeder battery just as easy.

Over all cost would be about $25.

Comment

Cool

Comment

Would you assemble and test one? If so what would be the cost with out the light, and wired for 12 volt Feeder Motor Battery?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Jeff View Post
            Would you assemble and test one? If so what would be the cost with out the light, and wired for 12 volt Feeder Motor Battery?

Thanks,
            Sure, it will be a few days before I can get to it. Not sure on the cost.

If you don't want the lights how do you want it wired for your own light.

Comment

That looks decent but batteries are annoying and it doesn't look to bright..

Look into the Sun Force 60 LED motion light, search on Google shopping. It's motion activated, and you can adjust the time it will stay on and light sensitivity. Add an 11 cent sheet of red film from Michael's and your set. It's also solar charged.

I think the light costs $35-40 and is very bright. They make an 80 LED option also

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post

Look into the Sun Force 60 LED motion light, search on Google shopping. It's motion activated, and you can adjust the time it will stay on and light sensitivity. Add an 11 cent sheet of red film from Michael's and your set. It's also solar charged.

I think the light costs $35-40 and is very bright. They make an 80 LED option also

http://www.frys.com/product/6549163?...c5oaAl9W8P8HAQ
                I appreciate the suggestion but that is not the design I am going for.

I am looking for a Omni directional light that will not blind you at night but give the area around the feeder a soft glow so you can see when something comes close, 60 leds would be bright enough to scare things away.

I could add as many led's as I want but I am trying to do this with as few as possible.
                Also the 60 led is only white with film over it for the color, mine do a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post

http://www.frys.com/product/6549163?...c5oaAl9W8P8HAQ
                  I have three of these same lights ( bought at Northern ) and they work great. I have gobs ( yes, gobs ) of deer and hog pics under these lights. They have been up for over six months now with no issues. I mount them on a 4x4 looking under the feeder. Beats anything else I have ever used.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb1206 View Post
                    I appreciate the suggestion but that is not the design I am going for.

I am looking for a Omni directional light that will not blind you at night but give the area around the feeder a soft glow so you can see when something comes close, 60 leds would be bright enough to scare things away.

I could add as many led's as I want but I am trying to do this with as few as possible.
                    Also the 60 led is only white with film over it for the color, mine do a little more.
                    I see, well best of luck to you sir. Looks like it should work if that's what you are going for.

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I have three of these same lights ( bought at Northern ) and they work great. I have gobs ( yes, gobs ) of deer and hog pics under these lights. They have been up for over six months now with no issues. I mount them on a 4x4 looking under the feeder. Beats anything else I have ever used.
                    Yessir, we mount it on a 2x4 and then attach 2x4 to a t-post.

Also we face the light so that it doesn't shine the stand or the walking path into the feeder. This way we can walk up behind the light to about 15-25 yards away from the feeder and never be spotted.

Comment

I agree with The General on the type of light. If you want to dim the light, try using either a green or red film that can be purchased at Michael's. The LED's will not burn the film.
                      After adding the film this should tone down the brightness.

Comment

I would put lights on my feeder, but I don't have any hogs where I hunt. I think the game warden might give me a hard time about that

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
                          I would put lights on my feeder, but I don't have any hogs where I hunt. I think the game warden might give me a hard time about that
                          Tell him you got them up so you can thin out the "raccoons that are tearing up your feeder" lol

Comment

When you test them, can you give us an idea on battery drain too. Thanks in advance. Good job

Comment

Yeah that would be interesting to know the battery drain.

Comment

Working...
                              X