No announcement yet.

The worst day-lease in texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're gonna have haters and lovers for every day lease out there. A bunch of us from work used to go to Chambers' ranch every year and always had a good time. Granted, he had great animals behind his house and this was the no hunting zone back then, but we had several trips where multiple animals were killed. A key to day hunts is to find out if you can move stands or bring your own and set them up where you want. The animals get wise to the lazy, at least the mature ones do, and if they have a hunter in a particular stand every day, well, trophies don't get to be trophies by being stupid. And before someone jumps my back side, I'm not calling anyone lazy, but they are out there. This thread has really turned out to be terrible by the way some have attacked others. I don't think it's right to kill an animal and let it lay, especially on someone elses place, but that is my opinion. It wasn't right for this man to belittle the woman for it either. Just because you are a nubbin buck or a 4pt or not a 10pt or pope and young green screener, doesn't mean you are inexperienced either. I have been a member of TBH for longer than a lot of the members who rank higher, but I have been bowhunting since I was 8 yrs old and I am 45 now, I just don't have time to be on here that often. I don't claim to be an expert and I learn new stuff all the time, but I'm not inexperienced. It's no different than what type of bow you shoot or what brand truck you drive, you have lovers and haters but that doesn't mean we should attack each other. Just my two cents. By the way, JD Cox is a terrible outfitter, he put some friends of mine and me on a place in Bracketville and when the landowner showed up and wanted to know what we were doing there, Mr. Cox was no where to be found, we almost got arrested for trespassing. May be a great guy, but he did our group wrong.

Comment

lone star

Very well stated lone star

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter69 View Post
          wow
          Sweet comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Joe's Transmission Repair and Whitetail Hunting in Detroit, Michigan....

Didn't see any deer.
            What ? No septic tank service ? No wonder you were disappointed !

Comment

anything to do with Johnny Byram, think hes in lampasas now.Run away quickly. his Daddy is somebody. He will never be

Comment

Many years ago I went to Oran Hills Place. I was about 25 and man he talked a good game. I did see 2 pans of cinnamon rolls while I was there. I managed to kill 3. I wounded 1. It got away.

Comment

I had a real bad experience with Ryan Heaker at his operation in leaky, run far away from him.

Comment

This last weekend (Jan 29-Jan 31 2016) 5 of us drove down to Chambers Ranch just over 14 hours. Two of our guys had been to his ranch in years past, one of them had worked for Maurice at Chambers and Chrystal Creek. Two guys had Axis and Hog (one was myself), Two had hogs only, and the last had and Exotic hunt. When we got there, there was another group there (which we knew about) and they had a Hog hanging. they had purchased each bigger hunts than we did. So we of course are all excited. The first night, right at dark some hogs came in. Turned on my hog light and they scattered. Turned it off and they came back, Could have let an arrow fly but could tell what I was going to hit because of how dark it was. I was the only one out of our group that saw any animals besides whitetail that night. The other group had brought back animals. The next morning, I went to the same spot. Birds and Whitetail. One guy saw some goats. But didn't have that hunt. No Hogs where spotted that morning. The other group brought in a few animals. That day, one of our guys, that worked for Maurice in the past, went with they guide and moved some stands and cut better shooting lanes through the brush. That night, we all changed spots. Two of us saw hogs but could get a clean shot (just to ethical hunters I guess). And that was it. The next morning all our group saw was birds. So my experience is not very good. We were all very disappointed in the place. 5 guys 4 hunts that 20 stands and nothing came out of it. You can't spot and stock, when he drops you off at your stand, you stay there until he come to pick you up. Mid day not much to do besides take a nap, you can't go and hunt. We saw more hogs along the road than we did at the ranch. You would think that he would of offered something like another hunt or something. But Nothing. Maurice didn't say anything to us even though two of our guys know him pretty well. I would not go back, Stinks that we spent that much money and nothing. Now I know hunting is hunting, I understand that. But when you go to a Hog Ranch to hunt Hogs, and don't get anything, something is wrong. I hope you have better luck than the 5 of us did

Comment

Originally posted by RedArrow79 View Post
                      This last weekend (Jan 29-Jan 31 2016) 5 of us drove down to Chambers Ranch just over 14 hours. Two of our guys had been to his ranch in years past, one of them had worked for Maurice at Chambers and Chrystal Creek. Two guys had Axis and Hog (one was myself), Two had hogs only, and the last had and Exotic hunt. When we got there, there was another group there (which we knew about) and they had a Hog hanging. they had purchased each bigger hunts than we did. So we of course are all excited. The first night, right at dark some hogs came in. Turned on my hog light and they scattered. Turned it off and they came back, Could have let an arrow fly but could tell what I was going to hit because of how dark it was. I was the only one out of our group that saw any animals besides whitetail that night. The other group had brought back animals. The next morning, I went to the same spot. Birds and Whitetail. One guy saw some goats. But didn't have that hunt. No Hogs where spotted that morning. The other group brought in a few animals. That day, one of our guys, that worked for Maurice in the past, went with they guide and moved some stands and cut better shooting lanes through the brush. That night, we all changed spots. Two of us saw hogs but could get a clean shot (just to ethical hunters I guess). And that was it. The next morning all our group saw was birds. So my experience is not very good. We were all very disappointed in the place. 5 guys 4 hunts that 20 stands and nothing came out of it. You can't spot and stock, when he drops you off at your stand, you stay there until he come to pick you up. Mid day not much to do besides take a nap, you can't go and hunt. We saw more hogs along the road than we did at the ranch. You would think that he would of offered something like another hunt or something. But Nothing. Maurice didn't say anything to us even though two of our guys know him pretty well. I would not go back, Stinks that we spent that much money and nothing. Now I know hunting is hunting, I understand that. But when you go to a Hog Ranch to hunt Hogs, and don't get anything, something is wrong. I hope you have better luck than the 5 of us did
                      Which ranch did you hunt, You said a friend worked for MC at CC but didn't say what ranch you hunted.

Comment

Originally posted by RedArrow79 View Post
                        Sounds like you were looking for a kick and shoot and ended up getting a hunting experience..

Comment

Originally posted by tree stand View Post
                          Which ranch did you hunt, You said a friend worked for MC at CC but didn't say what ranch you hunted.
                          "Chamber's Ranch"

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Sounds like you were looking for a kick and shoot and ended up getting a hunting experience..
                            No, didn't really get either. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HeloMed1 View Post
                              After two years at Boazmans Quatro B I figured out that is what was going on. They keep just enough animals for someone to get lucky every now and then and for folks to see animals when they hunt, but they rarely come into bow range. They just do things to put the odds against you. Like corning the roads during the afternoon while no one is hunting and corning up and down the road 100 yards in each direction instead of just in the shooting lanes for the stands. I will never hunt at a pay up front ranch again.
                              Yep

Comment

X2 on the Mew ranch

Also Crystal Creek owned By M. Chambers. I really don't think the ranch is that bad, but the guide has a lot to learn. Javier was the guide, 3 hours late the first day. Camp and camp house was filthy. His dogs ran all over the place. Peed on everything that was standing, coolers, chairs, packs, and bows, if they were close to the ground. We went for hogs and exotics , didn't see many of either. I have to say on there behalf, they had half there annual rain fall the month before. So everything was greened up, no reason for the game to come to corn. Javier told us several time that he moves the stands every 2 week. That was BS, you could look at the bush and tell it had been there a lot longer than 2 weeks. All the ground and tripod blinds had brush covering up the shooting lanes, and what animals we saw knew where they were.

Comment

Working...
                                X