Fieldcraft tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fieldcraft tips

Hi all, I've been on the forum less than a month and am new to both Texas and bowhunting. I'm sure there is a TON of knowledge on this forum and since I don't know any of the gentlemen who have been hunting these lands for 30 years, I thought this could be a good thread for sharing of hunting related fieldcraft information specific to Texas. Snake ID....tracks ID...anything at all you think has helped you through experience here.

I would love to learn from you guys...all your tips and tricks, your personal touches you prefer to use while hunting both operating in the field and equipment improvisation etc.

I'll go first. This tape was highly popular in my unit and I found a US based seller on ebay. It is called scapa tape. It is a fabric type tape (that outperforms everything I have found stateside). It'll stop noise on metal objects, you can use it in any weather no matter how hot or cold, use it on weapons/kit and spray paint. Even better, you can reuse it...I have reused tape that had been on my kit for YEARS. If you use it to tie bungee/rope together it is EXTREMELY tough to tear..probably easier to tear a tshirt.

Here's a photo, I started wrapping an ulta light packable chair for ground hunting to stop clanking and remove shine:
    Attached Files

Okie dokie.

Comment

Working...
    X