JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    45-55 mph gusts predicted at our place tomorrow...:eek...
    Are you back at it down at your place or did the birds sign an armistice agreement after last week's slaughter?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      Are you back at it down at your place or did the birds sign an armistice agreement after last week's slaughter?
      LOL...no I'm done at my place. I killed two Toms, one bird each of the first two weekends, and Clay and PoPo got the last two birds I am allowed. lsmith and Humper are back at it though ....both hunting in the am.

Comment

OK gotcha. Would it be possible for me to hunt Kings X bird allotment?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          OK gotcha. Would it be possible for me to hunt Kings X bird allotment?

You’d have to ask him .... although he’s 50 miles from us[emoji41]

Comment

I'm kidding, lol

Comment

Found some signal

We have some birds located but getting them to commit has been tough.

Yesterday evening PoPo had 2 behind him at 30 yards and this morning I had 2 at about 50.

I’m not sure what this afternoon’s plan is yet...40mph winds.

Comment

Oh yeah

And killed this fella last night.

Comment

It’s dry out here.

Comment

Good luck JFT! I was told this morning that the birds are responsive but still henned up. I'm sure you can pull it together though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      45-55 mph gusts predicted at our place tomorrow...:eek...
                      Now that is Windy!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Birds kicked our butts this weekend.

I got my tail tucked and about to head down I10.

Not a whole lot to recap but I’ll post some photos later.

Prolly take next weekend off and get ready for Wyoming

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

Only found one receptive bird out on my place. He gobbled at me three times Friday, but never came in. Went back after him about the same time and same location Saturday, heard him gobble, repositioned, and he ended up coming in perfect for how I was initially set up, which just so happened to be behind me after changing. I can only imagine how frustrating it would have been limiting myself to archery equipment. I guess I’m still mad enough at them to want to put them down with a shotgun.

I figured today would have been ideal, but I couldn’t stay. Had to go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

How soon are you going North? NW Nebraska got blanketed by a blizzard. More snow coming next week

Comment

Kinney County kicked my butt again, way too many hens in my pasture.

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Christoval still had some great action for the two folks who made the trek this weekend.

Both good birds! Both bow kills over decoys.

Humper - 9.75” beard. 1” spurs

Lsmith. 8.5” beard .. longest spur 1-7/16” 21lbs

That brings us to 15 Toms in the first 3 weekends this year. Gonna be hard to ever top or repeat that. We hit it perfect this year with a large amount of willing birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X