2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Just going by what I saw happen in Houston and how I thought like yall about it at the time. Gallo and Elvis are one guy, if they can net 3 good to great prospects for each of them, they see it as a numbers game. Maybe four of the six hit and now they have 4 cheap MLB players with longer control. See the Astros and Cubbies as examples of how it worked. Just my thoughts and observations.......we will see how JD and Co., play it out in the next several months and the offseason.

They do not view this as complete a rebuild as what Houston went through....right or wrong. They have a new stadium to open in two years.

I'm thinking ownership wants to shed some bad money (Choo, Fielder, etc) gather some prospects, then get back in the FA market heavy, relatively quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      They do not view this as complete a rebuild as what Houston went through....right or wrong. They have a new stadium to open in two years.

I'm thinking ownership wants to shed some bad money (Choo, Fielder, etc) gather some prospects, then get back in the FA market heavy, relatively quickly.

It is going to be interesting to watch for sure. I think everyone(except Smart) probably agrees this team is in need of a major overhaul. If JD can fix that in the FA market, my hats off to him. The pieces they do trade wont be for talent that is anywhere near major leage ready. Some of it might be ready in 2 years for the stadium but that would be pushing it. All just an opinion from a southside casual watcher. Sure wish yall would hang a lose on those Angels.

Comment

9 - 1 in the dang 4th. Players look like the walking dead in the dugout. I think "the plan" is going to get a lot of discussion this summer.

The Angels don't even see fit to show off Ohtani. Jeez.

Comment

Pathetic

Comment

I turned the rangers on for the first time this year. I 've heard they were bad. Well 10-1 Angels. With Colon warming up. I thought .....Never mind!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              It is going to be interesting to watch for sure. I think everyone(except Smart) probably agrees this team is in need of a major overhaul. If JD can fix that in the FA market, my hats off to him. The pieces they do trade wont be for talent that is anywhere near major leage ready. Some of it might be ready in 2 years for the stadium but that would be pushing it. All just an opinion from a southside casual watcher. Sure wish yall would hang a lose on those Angels.

I have my doubts as well, but I believe JD is still a very good GM...just hope the "help" he has lost recently wasn't the real talent.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                Did you just say Gallo was productive?[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Don’t watch baseball much huh? Most guys consider 41 HR and an OPS over .850 productive.

Big sexy just started what will probably be the best double they turn all year lol

Comment

Down 3 -1 in the middle of the 5th. M. Moore throws 94 or so pitches in half a game. Incremental improvement tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                    Don’t watch baseball much huh? Most guys consider 41 HR and an OPS over .850 productive.

Big sexy just started what will probably be the best double they turn all year lol

No, I don't watch baseball much🙄 Gallo sucks

Comment

Moore has been serviceable tonight but has been the case for most of this year this team has no offense. God forbid anyone on this team could get a hit with runners on.

Comment

Somebody give Bush a beer. Maybe he will pitch better.

And to think he wanted to be a starter. He struggles to get outs in one inning let alone 5-7

Comment

Consecutive stolen bases w/o a throw. WTH? Team don'tgiveashi...

Profar made a sweet play.

Comment

This offense is just pathetic. 1 stinking hit.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin01 View Post
                              This offense is just pathetic. 1 stinking hit.
                              They will get hot and give us a little hope.... then go back to ****ting the bed

Comment

Rua never took the bat off his shoulder in that strikeout.

Comment

Working...
                                X