No announcement yet.

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all started the day they traded kinsler for Fielder this team is back to the same old team it was before Nolan came on board . Terrible pitching and no desire to even give a crap !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If they decide to rebuild there wont be saving any of the current pieces. They will all be parted with for multiple prospects. That's just the way it goes. They arent going to trade Hammels and Beltre and hold onto Gallo and Elvis.

Comment

Richard let me armchair GM this my way...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          JD built the really good rosters too.

I'm starting to think JD got a little lucky on the Texieria, however you spell his name, trade. I think he's had way more misses than hits on the trade front. Cliff Lee was a win. Beltre' was a great free agent sign. Beyond that, i recall a lot of Gallardo, and, i can't remember his name, but the pitcher that couldn't field a bunt and got pretty upset when teams bunted on him. Matt Garza (just remembered). Bringing back J. Hamilton, etc. I don't know.

I think the main time kill this summer will be dissecting JD's trade and free agent signing history and see how well that bodes for the future.

I think if the club wants to get anything for Hamels or Beltre', they'd better trade them now. I think Elvis is the best trade bait right now. I'd have no untouchables on the current club.

We'll see...

Comment

Texiera trade?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              If they decide to rebuild there wont be saving any of the current pieces. They will all be parted with for multiple prospects. That's just the way it goes. They arent going to trade Hammels and Beltre and hold onto Gallo and Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                I'm starting to think JD got a little lucky on the Texieria, however you spell his name, trade. I think he's had way more misses than hits on the trade front. Cliff Lee was a win. Beltre' was a great free agent sign. Beyond that, i recall a lot of Gallardo, and, i can't remember his name, but the pitcher that couldn't field a bunt and got pretty upset when teams bunted on him. Matt Garza (just remembered). Bringing back J. Hamilton, etc. I don't know.

I think the main time kill this summer will be dissecting JD's trade and free agent signing history and see how well that bodes for the future.

I think if the club wants to get anything for Hamels or Beltre', they'd better trade them now. I think Elvis is the best trade bait right now. I'd have no untouchables on the current club.

We'll see...
                Several ??? In that

As far a Hamilton... the angels were paying him to sit on our DL and I think we (Rangers) added something like 4-5 Nolan Ryan hot dogs or something. It was literally pennies on a “what if”

I do think beltre is gone at trade and I’ll cheer for him wherever he goes (unless Houston)

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
                  Richard let me armchair GM this my way...
                  Deal. I just remember thinking along those lines when the Astros decided to tear it down. I understood getting rid of the veterans who held value because they would be done by the time the Astros were worthy of contending again but I didnt understand why they were getting rid of the young talented players as well, example Hunter Pence.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                    What are you confused about?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      What are you confused about?
                      Why you think they would trade younger, cheaper, productive players. I get the wishful thinking from a rival's perspective, but Gallo especially is precisely the type of young, cheap player that a rebuilding club keeps. They'd have to get a huge haul of MLB-ready talent to trade him away, and that's not happening. Elvis isn't necessarily "cheap" but he's productive again and is the heir apparent to Beltre as the clubhouse leader, I don't think they're trading him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Texiera trade?

Brought in E. Andrus, N. Feliz, and a couple of others i don't remember right now.

Comment

Why you think they would trade younger, cheaper, productive players. I get the wishful thinking from a rival's perspective, but Gallo especially is precisely the type of young, cheap player that a rebuilding club keeps. They'd have to get a huge haul of MLB-ready talent to trade him away, and that's not happening. Elvis isn't necessarily "cheap" but he's productive again and is the heir apparent to Beltre as the clubhouse leader, I don't think they're trading him.
                          Just going by what I saw happen in Houston and how I thought like yall about it at the time. Gallo and Elvis are one guy, if they can net 3 good to great prospects for each of them, they see it as a numbers game. Maybe four of the six hit and now they have 4 cheap MLB players with longer control. See the Astros and Cubbies as examples of how it worked. Just my thoughts and observations.......we will see how JD and Co., play it out in the next several months and the offseason.
                          Last edited by rtp; 04-10-2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Elvis could be traded and if they think they can get anything for him they may trade him this year. He can opt out of his contract after this year and there’s a good chance he might (if somebody would pay him more than $15 mil a year.) the way things are headed. He’s going to be 30 next year and may not want to hang around for a long term rebuild. If you can get anything for him then trade him.

Not sure that you’d get a boat load of major league ready talent for Gallo. Not even real sure he’s major league ready yet.

Comment

Did you just say Gallo was productive?😂😂😂😂👍

Comment

Perez crapping himself early. Down 3 to 0. With the way this team scores that should be enough to guarantee a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X