No announcement yet.

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy start to a season we were all worried about. That said, I do think this squad is better than this. Starting rotation has shown glimpses. Bats have to be better. Leaving 10+ guys on the base paths will always make it hard to win.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      I’m still hanging in and trying to watch them...........but dang there’s a lot of SUCK hanging around right now

Same....luckily I had some great turkey hunting to get me over the arsewhippings..

Comment

JD is the man......NOT!!!

The 16k fans they had on a nice sunny day is the tell tale sign of this fan base being upset with just competing

Comment

Everyone needs to get used to the fact that they are not a good team, and they will be worse after Beltre and Hammels get traded, and probably worse next year. The rebuild needs to start now, and I believe it has.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Everyone needs to get used to the fact that they are not a good team, and they will be worse after Beltre and Hammels get traded, and probably worse next year. The rebuild needs to start now, and I believe it has.
            Agreed. They are going to dump salary and try to get some good young players(hopefully) in return. I imagine their goal is to be relevant when the new stadium opens. As long as they keep Gallo I’ll be happy.

Comment

Go astros

Comment

I been telling all my Rangers' buddies this, but they are sure its not a "rebuild." Yet

Comment

Hamel and Beltre will be traded. Young talent is not showing any improvement. Odor will continue to bat .230 or less and Gallo will bat about the same with a few less strikeouts than last year. Rua is not looking very good, either. Could also lose Elvis if he opt sout of his contract. It will be a long time before the Rangers will be relevant again. Man I hate having to go back to those years again.

Comment

I am still not good with JD, I think he has made way more poor decisions than great ones. They keep playing the same old tired solutions, that only somewhat worked for a few year run into playoffs and WS losses. Get some good talent in that has atleast proven themselves in AA/AAA (see trade Kinsler to take a chance on junk Profar) and lets see what we can pull together. Then add in a few proven stars to round out the team. And start now, 60 wins this year and drastic movement towards rebuild should be the goal. All else is a loss. But I will still watch as many games as I can and eat the crow happily if wrong.

Comment

I agree Hamels and Beltre need to go at the least.

RUA is a AAAA guy along with Chirinos possibly.

Odor and Gallo seem destined to always hit under .230 with very high K %

Look at the Astros, high contact and low K %. IMO they need to follow this mold, but with their lineup its very hard to do

Comment

JD built the really good rosters too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont think they are going to go full on tank mode. Astros did it and it worked, good for them. There attendance numbers number suffered for years. With the new stadium opening in 2 years I don't think JD wants to run off his fan base.

What I see happening is letting Beltre decide if and where he wants to go. Get what you can get for Hamels. See if anyone is willing to take most of Choo's remaining 60 million dollars. Not likely but you never know.

Need to lock Elvis up again or buy out his opt outs. We need him and will have a hell of a time replacing him. Going into a big free agency market this off-season. Could add a piece or two there for long term. With Gallo, Maz, Willie, and a couple good arms, this team should be in a much better place come 2020. Or they better be. No one wants to see an empty billion dollar stadium.

Comment

JD built the really good rosters too.

How quickly people forget.

A few of the big trades didn't work out the way they planned, but a couple of them did. At the time they sure felt like the right move. Just makes me hate Lucroy even more. Him and Dumpster

We are now going through the growing pains of chasing banners for the better part of the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Same....luckily I had some great turkey hunting to get me over the arsewhippings..
                              Turkey season is about over.....😂

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Hopefully turkey season last thru September in your county.

Comment

Working...
                                X