Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fish Lake Livingston for crappie or white bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fish Lake Livingston for crappie or white bass?

I have a boat and the tackle but don't know where to go or what to rig or use. I would gladly trade a fishing trip for information.

You should get some responses for sure.

Comment

I went last Saturday. The water looked like chocolate milk. I would wait a little for it to clear up some.

Comment

I fish there once a year. It's pretty easy on the white bass. Just need a good fish finder, and follow the crowd. We just vertical jig slabs.

Comment

There are many better choices for crappie but I don't know if it can be beat for white bass. Those *******s are a nuisance, I catch more than I want by accident.

Comment

Up

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
              I went last Saturday. The water looked like chocolate milk. I would wait a little for it to clear up some.
              I'm sure it isn't much better right now...the river was flowing really heavy this weekend in Riverside when I passed over the bridge at Hwy 19

As for quality updates on the WB action, check out 2cool. Those fellas are handy for up to date info over on the freshwater forum

Comment

Crappie no because I find it boring but whites yes. As mentioned the creeks are mostly chocolate milk right now and Caney creek, which always looks good, is not even holding whites right now. So no clue why they’re not biting yet. During the summer fish the lake around Pine island and the old 190 road bed and you’ll kill the whites!

Comment

On Livingston during June can you still chase the birds and catch white bass?

Comment

I've never heard anything good about crappie fishing there. Can't speak for anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      On Livingston during June can you still chase the birds and catch white bass?
                      Absolutely! Especially around pine island. I do it every year.

Comment

I learn how to fish for whites using Loy when inlaws came down and everything was flooded. Best money I ever spent as he showed me how to use sonar and the new trolling motors for staying on the schools.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          I learn how to fish for whites using Loy when inlaws came down and everything was flooded. Best money I ever spent as he showed me how to use sonar and the new trolling motors for staying on the schools.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh....php?t=2514890
                          Loy is as good as the come. Great people and very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                            Loy is as good as the come. Great people and very helpful.
                            Yes he is...great guide, great person. If you're interesting in learning the lake, he's worth booking a trip for sure

Comment

Hit the whites July, August and September and usually limit out everyone on the boat each trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X