How do you handle difficult teenagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you handle difficult teenagers?

How the heck do you deal with someone else's teenage boy that is highly critical of everyone and insults you over and over? This boy was staying at the ranch as a guest with his family. Even his own father can't stand him and makes him live with the grandfather a good ways away. After three days of being insulted over and over while working cattle, I wanted to shove his cocky head in cow poop.

I honestly don't know where the reserve strength came from to resist saying something to the little darling. It was mighty hard to not react, especially when you are tired from hard work.

Edit: There is zero exaggeration of just how extremely hard it is to be around the kid for any length of time. He is constantly running someone or anyone down.
    Last edited by BaconIsMyFriend; 06-26-2017, 06:41 PM.

most people who do this have very low self-esteem..

Comment

Use your words...

Comment

Sounds like he's a bully and needs his butt whipped.

Comment

Maybe you should have just shoved his head in cow poo then. It would have atleast made you feel better

Comment

Ask him why he feels the need to do these things. Than have a discussion from their.

Than let him know if he does it again you're going to shoe his face in fresh cow crap.

Comment

What age are we talking here exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                Maybe you should have just shoved his head in cow poo then. It would have atleast made you feel better
                This ....I probably would have gave him a face full of poop!
                Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-26-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                  most people who do this have very low self-esteem..

Totally agree here. These people are so insecure they make sure that the conversation is always about someone else. Even if it makes them look like total jerks.

Best way to treat them is no attention at all. I would think simply saying "please leave" would work... After the first good butt whippin. [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    I believe he is 15.

Comment

The problem today is so many parents never parented. It was too hard, they were too busy, they wanted to be their child's friend, whatever. And look where it's gotten so many of today's youth. It wouldn't last long at my house because I'd just send them on their way.

LWD

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad used to tell me when somebody is botherin' you, if you whup his *** just right, the next time he sees you, he'll run! I've found that this has served me well for many years...

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            This.

Comment

I used to work with kids at a behavioral hospital. Sometimes a stern "Hey that's enough!" does the trick and sometimes you have to get on them. I don't think that would be out of line see that you're the one having to deal with his behavior. On the other hand, I also know that sometimes these kids won"s stop until there is some sort of physical repercussions for their actions. Try telling him to cut it out first if not then I guess shoulder check the hell out of him when hi parents aren't looking, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X