X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico deadline is 3/20.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderbowhunter View Post
      I am watching this. I need something to take on some shed hunt hikes...
      ES X2 or new Kuiu 1850

Comment

Originally posted by jcbryson82 View Post
        is it too late to put in for hunts in NM, WY and CO? I have never put in for the draw and would like to try my luck on NM, WY and CO? Do I just go to their parks and wildlife website?
        CO is pretty much over the counter for archery elk excluding a hand full of trophy units. Main thing CO draw is good for is building PP's or a mulie tag.

My goal for PP points is to cover my butt when I'm to old to hit the mountains with the bow.

Comment

My father in law and I put in for the New Mexico draw yesterday. We got drawn last year in unit 51, we had an amazing hunt. Eagerly awating the draw results for this year!

Comment

I put in for AZ and NM this year, I would love to draw AZ. I am going to hunt NM unit 16a this year, if I don't draw a tag I'm going to buy one. I got an update on unit 15 NM yesterday, they said they have had lots of moisture this year and the hunting should be awesome.....I cant wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
              I put in for AZ and NM this year, I would love to draw AZ. I am going to hunt NM unit 16a this year, if I don't draw. a tag I'm going to buy one. I got an update on unit 15 NM yesterday, they said they have had lots of moisture this year and the hunting should be awesome.....I cant wait!!!
              I am happy with any tag I draw, it can be so tough to pull in some states. Any idea how much of 16a burned last year. I know the burn was spread in 16a-16e but I never checked the final burn map.

Comment

Great info on this thread, thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. I'm booked for an archery elk hunt this year in Colorado and was wondering if traveling from south Texas to Colorado has any effect on a bow? I guess I'm wondering if going from no elevation to 9 or 10K ft. will change the way my bow shoots?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                  Great info on this thread, thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. I'm booked for an archery elk hunt this year in Colorado and was wondering if traveling from south Texas to Colorado has any effect on a bow? I guess I'm wondering if going from no elevation to 9 or 10K ft. will change the way my bow shoots?
                  You'll get different answers on this I think. I've never noticed the change in altitude effect me I live in east texas bout 200' elevation and hunt Colorado 10000' and up. Some guys say it does, what I notice is you will shoot at steeper up and down angles and that will change the way you have to aim. A good angle compensating range finder is a must in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                    You'll get different answers on this I think. I've never noticed the change in altitude effect me I live in east texas bout 200' elevation and hunt Colorado 10000' and up. Some guys say it does, what I notice is you will shoot at steeper up and down angles and that will change the way you have to aim. A good angle compensating range finder is a must in my opinion.

I always seemed to shoot a little high after I drove up from low elevation, but I would only notice it at longer distances.

Comment

Yep at 40 yards you may hit about 4 to 6 inches higher in my exp just spend some time sighting in while you acclimate which I highly recommend . Those angles can get you too so call em in to top pin range and enjoy the rush!

Comment

Thanks. We are hoping to get them into first pin range. Hunt starts on the 13th. And we are hunting a large private ranch so hoping to get up close and personal.

Comment

Yea I just never saw a difference shooting across the mountain side, only up and down and a range finder fixed that

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                            I put in for AZ and NM this year, I would love to draw AZ. I am going to hunt NM unit 16a this year, if I don't draw a tag I'm going to buy one. I got an update on unit 15 NM yesterday, they said they have had lots of moisture this year and the hunting should be awesome.....I cant wait!!!

When are you going?

I am the same as you if I dont draw then I am buying a tag, either way I will be hunting the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by GWHunter View Post
                              My father in law and I put in for the New Mexico draw yesterday. We got drawn last year in unit 51, we had an amazing hunt. Eagerly awating the draw results for this year!
                              I used to hunt 51, we always saw elk. When they split the seasons 4yrs ago we went to another unit.
                              I will start our application this week.

Comment

Posted some stuff in classifieds. Kuiu 6000, 0 degree bag and pad, boots etc..

take a look

Comment

Working...
                                X