No announcement yet.

Crazy Ants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure a flame thrower will work well but Termidor SC might be a little safer.

Comment

FLAMETHROWER??!!!

You have got to be careful asking Texans for a solution to a problem...

Comment

Termidor sc works very well

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
          FLAMETHROWER??!!!

You have got to be careful asking Texans for a solution to a problem...
          Well, no since in having to do it again,,,,,,,hopefully once would be enough. They are hard to get rid of though.

Comment

Taurus SC. Generic version of termidor sc, it's a little cheaper.

Comment

Anything that will kill carpenter wants, will kill raspberry ants! We use Bayer complete. A couple ounces in 2 gallons of water will do the trick.

You're not going to get rid of them, just keep them out if where you don't want them!

Comment

I read where the Crazy Ants were pushing the Fire Ants out, which are harmful to wildlife, they're not all bad.

Comment

Thumper, I'm not sure Im reading your post correctly. Crazy ants swarm so thick that AgriLife Extension and TAHC have told us they will suffocate a baby calf, fawn, etc. Crazy ants make you prefer fire ants.

The OP is right - they are so thick they will climb over the dead ones and avoid poisons.

They do prefer sweet stuff - sap, fruit juice, etc. Remove that. Spray Bifen, Tempo, or Demon often. We do not have those cursed things yet and I hope we never do. We spray our own house every three months with Bifen or Tempo and we do not have any spiders, scorpions, etc. Everything with more than 4 legs dies.

Comment

Comment

Borax and apple jelly
                      In order to kill them you need to kill the queen sprays won't do this.
                      Mix the borax and apple jelly pretty thick so you can roll it up in tiny little balls they will carry it back to the queen problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                        Borax and apple jelly
                        In order to kill them you need to kill the queens sprays won't do this.
                        Mix the borax and apple jelly pretty thick so you can roll it up in tiny little balls they will carry it back to the queens problem solved.
                        Fixed it for you - they have multiple queens.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                          maybe this will work......
                          bingo

Comment

In pearland there is Rasberrys pest professionals. Tom raspberry owns it. He is who discovered these ants which is why they are called raspberry crazy ants. Give them a call. Im sure they can get you fixed up. 281-deadbug

Comment

I remember getting good results with this bait granule on crazy ants when I was in pest control. You might try it. Apply generously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                Thumper, I'm not sure Im reading your post correctly. Crazy ants swarm so thick that AgriLife Extension and TAHC have told us they will suffocate a baby calf, fawn, etc. Crazy ants make you prefer fire ants.

The OP is right - they are so thick they will climb over the dead ones and avoid poisons.

They do prefer sweet stuff - sap, fruit juice, etc. Remove that. Spray Bifen, Tempo, or Demon often. We do not have those cursed things yet and I hope we never do. We spray our own house every three months with Bifen or Tempo and we do not have any spiders, scorpions, etc. Everything with more than 4 legs dies.
                                Not sure about possibly suffocating a baby calf, however, crazy ants are absolute pest. They will drive out fire ants, but it's a high price to pay. Crazy ants love to swarm electronics. If you have any type of outdoor electrical panels of any kind, be sure to treat around them. We had tons of problems with them in our well pump house. After our first treatment, we killed so many it looked like a rug on the floor. Probably swept up a few pounds of dead ones. They multiply like crazy!

Comment

Working...
                                X