No announcement yet.

Best 6v battery for feeder w/o solar panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a 12v in it if you can otherwise toss the unit and get one that uses 12v

Comment

Put a panel on them---may be in the woods but every little but of charge helps. And as others posted, get rid of the WGI stuff.

Comment

My moultry feeder runs on 6v. a battery would last from September through January. When that motor seized up, I replaced it with a WGI spinner/motor. It still lasted an entire season. My bet is your motor is dying and needing replaced. It's dragging the battery down trying to run.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          What kind of timer do you have? That not very long at all for a regular standard feeder 6 volt battery. Sounds like its drawing it down.
          This^^ I have one timer that is at least 10 years old that will run strong for 6-8 months off of a standard Energizer 6v but it's not a WGI brand.. It's an old "Magnum" brand..

I say get rid of the WGI timers.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
            Wildgame Innovations motor and timer. I thought there would be a better battery than ones at local stores.
            As others have said, get a new timer as the WGI timers can eat batteries as I've had the same issues on them. Also you can go to Interstate battery and get a 6V 12AH rechargeable battery that will give you twice the run time. They fit in my 6V motor boxes as the fit under the motor. Here is a link to it and you could always check the dimensions to see if it will fit yours but it should. https://products.interstatebatteries...ct/Details/582

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              It depends mostly on the brand of motor your running !

I disagree in this case. We had a guy on our lease with a WGI timer that kept showing up to his feeder with a dead battery even with a solar. We checked batteries, his solar panel, bought a new battery and it kept failing. He finally changed out the timer on the advice he'd gotten here to "The Timer" and it solved his problems.

Comment

Has anyone used this timer?
                Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone used this timer?
                  Same quality... Heck I'm pretty sure they are the same as the WGI with a different label. Remington had the same

Comment

Wildgame Innovations motor and timer. I thought there would be a better battery than ones at local stores.
                    Both junk

Drop them off a bridge and buy quality

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Same quality... Heck I'm pretty sure they are the same as the WGI with a different label. Remington had the same
                      Yep. If you truly want to fix the issue spend a little money.

THE TIMER and be done with it. 5 year warranty no questions asked

Comment

Thanks, guys. I’m gonna buy a few of The Timers and give them a try.

Comment

Working...
                        X