No announcement yet.

Arctic Blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Euro run shows no winter storm now and keep us bone dry but plenty cold. As per usual, forecasting wintry weather down here is darn near impossible until it is actually happening. Will just have to see how the models play out with this over the weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      Be prepared for snow delays! Take insurance on your flight. Weather delays airline not responsible for. Safe travels and stay warm.
      Canceled trip to Buffalo NY, didn't want to get stuck somewhere on a holiday weekend. United was nice enough to give me a full refund so I can't complain. now bring on the cold down here

Comment

BRING it on!

Comment

Of course. We’ve been at the lease since Christmas afternoon and as usual the good hunting weather will be after we leave to go back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
            Canceled trip to Buffalo NY, didn't want to get stuck somewhere on a holiday weekend. United was nice enough to give me a full refund so I can't complain. now bring on the cold down here
            My sister company is in Erie, PA. 90 miles from Buffalo.. They are virtually shut down... over 60" of snow since Christmas day... 33" fell on Christmas day. Forecast is for upwards of 10+ more inches by New Year's Day... Plus it's bitterly cold with a stiff wind. Wind chills in the -20's!!

Wise move on cancelling!

Comment

I just came in from reinforcing the insulation on my outside pipes and double checking the heater in my pump house... Guess I'm as ready for the cold as I can be.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I just came in from reinforcing the insulation on my outside pipes and double checking the heater in my pump house... Guess I'm as ready for the cold as I can be.
                I just got finished myself. I wanted to get it all done so I can hunt Friday through Monday. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

My sister company is in Erie, PA. 90 miles from Buffalo.. They are virtually shut down... over 60" of snow since Christmas day... 33" fell on Christmas day. Forecast is for upwards of 10+ more inches by New Year's Day... Plus it's bitterly cold with a stiff wind. Wind chills in the -20's!!

Wise move on cancelling!
                  I just could not imagine living in that. Miserable to me.

Comment

What kind of heater do you have in your well house? I just have a big light bulb in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                      What kind of heater do you have in your well house? I just have a big light bulb in mine.
                      Have a small thermostatically controlled ceramic heater like you'd use in a small room or bathroom. I still have everything insulated in the pump house too though.

Likely though, I'll turn off the pump and vent the lines at night when the cold gets here...

Comment

It's cold enough here that I'm not diving this weekend.

Comment

Have a small thermostatically controlled ceramic heater like you'd use in a small room or bathroom. I still have everything insulated in the pump house too though.

Likely though, I'll turn off the pump and vent the lines at night when the cold gets here...
                          Dang that’s a nice set up. It doesn’t get terribly cold where I live. Ours is insulated and I’ll switch the bulb on at night, or when it’s consistently below freezing.

Comment

my wife will not be happy if houston gets snow again while we are dry in dfw. she likes to see snow once in a while

Comment

tag...Johnny, you think it will bring the wet stuff to the deep border?? I'm guessing it will hit new year eve down here??

Comment

Tagged for updates. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X