Rabbit hunting South East Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbit hunting South East Austin

I am interested in rabbit hunting but have not seen many on the property. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding them?? My dogs and cats seem to catch one every now and again.

no one likes rabbits i guess lol

Comment

In for info too!

I enjoy rabbit hunting with my recurve! My work has me in the field across the Hill Country & I haven't seen many either. Not sure what's up??

Back home we always had luck around old farm equipment yards & irrigation pipe but don't see many of those around these parts....

Comment

Interesting that you ask. I love to hunt rabbits. I often wonder why I don't see them where I think I should, etc, etc. The lease I hunt has fewer of them than before I started and it isn't because of hunting.

A rancher gave me an explanation recently that there are more raptors around this time of year because the cold pushes them down here too... that in the spring it will pick up.

Comment

7 yr cycle........

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
            I am interested in rabbit hunting but have not seen many on the property. Does anyone have any suggestions on finding them?? My dogs and cats seem to catch one every now and again.
            They're all up here in Leander! Seriously they're everywhere. Jackrabbits mostly, but some cotton tails. When the hog hunting is slow sometimes I put my thermal on a 22.

Comment

We dove hunt a pasture in Pflugerville at the 45-130 interchange.
              There are many rabbits. Lots!
              Maybe you could find a place up there.

Comment

feral cats are hell on rabbits... start taking out the cats, and you'll soon have rabbits.

Comment

Spotlight right after dark + subsonic .22 = a pile of rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    feral cats are hell on rabbits... start taking out the cats, and you'll soon have rabbits.
                    that is a good point. we have so many feral cats running around from neighboring properties. I see them on my cameras all the time. Guess I need to go cat hunting.

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                    Spotlight right after dark + subsonic .22 = a pile of rabbits.
                    I will try this also!

Comment

Too many critters eating them.

Comment

Working...
                      X