Blind Build Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Build Question

I picked up a 4x6 base today amd plan on building a blind on it. I have built several ground blinds but nothing on a metal base.

Should I still build a 2x6 frame for my flooring and attach it to the base or should I just attach a piece of plywood to the base for my flooring and build around it?

Thanks for the help
    Attached Files

3/4" plywood

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

What he said ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BBD View Post
        3/4" plywood

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
        This. Screw it onto the metal braces

Comment

Yepper

Comment

Buy a sheet of 1" 1 /8 advantect flooring.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

I'd bolt the plywood to the support crossmembers with carriage bolts.

Comment

How are you going to move it if you build it in your back yard? Are you going to build it in sections? I just built a 4x6 out of wood. I am going to lift it with a tractor and put 4 foot legs on it. I did test lift and let me tell you, it was scary when that stand was 4 feet off the ground. It made the tractor very unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent_Warrior View Post
                    How are you going to move it if you build it in your back yard? Are you going to build it in sections? I just built a 4x6 out of wood. I am going to lift it with a tractor and put 4 foot legs on it. I did test lift and let me tell you, it was scary when that stand was 4 feet off the ground. It made the tractor very unstable.
                    The top of the base comes apart from the legs. Either I will build, lay over, put legs on and lean over with winch or set in place and install prebuilt walls & roof

Comment

Working...
                    X