Clear All

This looks awesome. Mad skills

Comment

Looks outstanding!

Comment

Just keeps getting better !

Comment

......on the cabinet doors.

I took a piece of rough sawn 5/4, planed and cut it to size in this pic.

Then using a shaper I cut the stiles, rails and raised panel then assembled and applied 2 coats of tung oil.

It's going to take a ton of work making the cabinets but rest assured I'll get it done. I am realizing that as much as would like make/do as much as possible due to time frame/health etc I simply can not. I just ordered the doors that I was planning on building

I do get tired and burned out at times so recently took a break from building and decided to clear some of the back yard. It's so peaceful running over brush and trees

Comment

So reading through this I am blown away at your ability in such a a wide array of items . So can you paint a master piece as well as thus far seems like not much you cannot do , have you written in great books along the way as well ?? joking of course WOW again as a machinist , engine builder welder, I am humbled you have mad skills

Comment

HDWRENCH

Thanks again for the kudos.

I am a bit different than most when taking on things to do. Always challenging myself to do different things. Sometimes it's about saving money, others might be just to se if I can do it or possibly just to get out of a jamb. Alot of credit goes to my mother and father for teaching me as well as mentors in school and jobs I have had. The bottom line is that God has blessed me with a pair of hands and a mind that loves to build and also the resources to do so. My day job has me dealing with alot of things mainly robotics, automation, ladder logic etc. so simple stuff like sticking two boards or pieces of steel together is a release from that.

As deer season approaches I know I will be taking time off to hunt with my family. My oldest daughter just finished medical school and will be back home to hunt, something she hasn't done much of for the past 8 years. I have everything for a 280 AI rifle build sitting on a bench waiting to be built but I just have to get the time to do it. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything.

Some Hickory I slabbed for some future shelves

Pecan I re-sawed also for floating shelves

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                HDWRENCH

Thanks again for the kudos.

I am a bit different than most when taking on things to do. Always challenging myself to do different things. Sometimes it's about saving money, others might be just to se if I can do it or possibly just to get out of a jamb. Alot of credit goes to my mother and father for teaching me as well as mentors in school and jobs I have had. The bottom line is that God has blessed me with a pair of hands and a mind that loves to build and also the resources to do so. My day job has me dealing with alot of things mainly robotics, automation, ladder logic etc. so simple stuff like sticking two boards or pieces of steel together is a release from that.

As deer season approaches I know I will be taking time off to hunt with my family. My oldest daughter just finished medical school and will be back home to hunt, something she hasn't done much of for the past 8 years. I have everything for a 280 AI rifle build sitting on a bench waiting to be built but I just have to get the time to do it. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything.

Some Hickory I slabbed for some future shelves

Pecan I re-sawed also for floating shelves

Those doors! Sucks you can't do a whole kitchen! Those slabs look good! Love the grain

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

sometimes your the bug

Well I got an email telling me my initial door shipment was in but 6 out of 8 were broken /damaged. Have another shipment coming in so I am waiting to see if they make it undamaged. Will see them in person tomorrow or Saturday.

Comment

Here is one example of the damage. 7 out of 17 sustained some sort of damage. It boggles my mind on how these are/were shipped. Now awaiting the ones that had to be reordered.

Comment

Some pocket door installs.

Comment

Since this has been a fly by wire DIY build we as a family have gone round and round on the kitchen layout but reached terms. Finally getting the kitchen squared away as far as appliance and cabinet/size/type and location so I can install specific wiring before the long awaited drywall goes up. Had to actually use tape to help my wife and girls what it might look like. Once I get the electrical done I can insulate and be ready for sheet rock.

everything else is ready for drywall

Comment

Looks great! Love that fan.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tim

Comment

Back at working on the house again. Tweaking pocket doors framing as the plywood we get nowadays isn’t very straight The wife and I managedto get the 600+ lb. wood burning stove in place last week and I have it fired up on this cold day just for grins.

Comment

Fun seeing the project take shape from the start. Looks great!

Comment

Some of the plywood warped so badly that I had to go back and install aluminum flat bar edge wise on the ends to straighten it. It worked but now will require more work when I trim the door out. In the pics you can the see the aluminum FB

Pocket door with and without the plywood.

Now with the wall straight I can install drywall over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X