No announcement yet.

Motor home on beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take some wide boards to park on to distribute your weight, and be careful of running the generator if you are parked in loose sand. The vibrations can cause you to sink.

Comment

This should be titled: 25 reasons to not park your rv on the beach......

Comment

There are lot of RV's on the the beach...large and small. PA Does a great job maintaining the beach. There are very few times out of the year you can't drive the beach and it's usually because of the high tide.
        I'll PM you my phone number...you have any problems or questions out here give me a ring.

Comment

Can you say square rust bucket in ten years?

Comment

I wouldn't take it on the beach. Park it at an RV park and rent you a golf cart. There's plenty of them down there. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
              Google the r.v. stuck in port Aransas video. Took two six by six army trucks and a big rig tow truck to pull one out recently.
              I think you are better off parking it at the t.v. park, and buying your wife a golf cart so she can drive around your lease.
              I saw photos of that, no telling what it cost to get it out

Comment

Thanks for the great ideas and for the help! I have a feeling after I tell him that 50% of the people say not to do it he's going to decide to go to an RV park but we're going to go ahead and bring our smaller pull behind campers and sleep on the beach for sure

Comment

Originally posted by fishfeeder01 View Post
                  Google the r.v. stuck in port Aransas video. Took two six by six army trucks and a big rig tow truck to pull one out recently.
                  I think you are better off parking it at the t.v. park, and buying your wife a golf cart so she can drive around your lease.
                  I got nothing. Have a link by chance?
                  There are some pretty funny videos on YouTube of stuck RV's

Comment

Working...
                  X