Deer blind cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer blind cost

I'm thinking about doing a DIY blind and would like if you don't mind posting a picture of the ones y'all have done and a rough cost of it. Between x and x will work if you would rather not say the dollar amount. I ask because I am thinking about building 3+ to replace tripods and pop ups we currently use.

I don't have any pictures yet but I am building some to take to Kansas and right now they are in sections. These will be 1 man ground blinds, 4'x4' and I have about $300.00 each using treated floor material and the camo OSB from Lowes.

Comment

I built one from one of the 8' gas tank ends. cheapest and best blind i ever built. maybe 400-500 into it and itll last forever

Comment

What size?

Comment

Also, are they to be up in the air or on the ground ??
          If your pressed for cash, watch Craigslist. I have picked up cheap and free lumber there. Also found some paint.

Comment

The cost will depend on what you are going to build them out of and if you buy new material or you can scrounge some old left over material. I've got three that I built and they are all different sizes all cost pretty much the same because I obtained the building material from different places. Some of it I bought and some of it was given to me. The cost was between $2,000-$3,000. These are permanent blinds on my property so I kind of splurged.

Comment

4x8 on top of two heavy pallets decked with 2x6's
              $150 in it but some of the lumber I already had. I would still guess around $200-$225 tops.

Comment

Dang near free...Treated 2x4 is about all it costs me. Free screws. Free marine grade plywood from old advertising signs that they tear down when put on property it shouldn't be and the 4x4s that come with them. Every now and then I have to pay $10 a sheet for them. 4x4s included. Pretty sure I'm under $75 on 4x6 in the air with curtains, padlock etc included

Comment

Mine was all 2x6 that I ripped down and ended up using that osb camo plywood from homedepot. Total cost about $175. It was a 4x6. Arched roof. I already had the plexi glass so no money spent there.

Comment

I built a 5'x5' welded square tube on a 10' platform with stairs for about $600. It was before I knew about deerview windows which are definitely worth the cost over building your own.

Comment

Working...
                    X