Houston Rodeo CHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Rodeo CHL

So I was looking on the HLSR website when I clicked on security measures and read this: People with concealed handgun licenses, or CHLs, will be cleared by law enforcement personnel at each gate prior to entering the grounds.

So I guess its ok? I now in the actually Rodeo the answer is no cause its a sporting event but I guess the grounds are ok.

Interesting... they doing pat downs and wanding now? Because im not volunteering i have my concealed carry gun to the guy scanning my ticket..
    Last edited by systemnt; 02-28-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Interesting... they doing pat downs and wanding now? Because im not volunteering i have my concealed carry gun to the guy scanning my ticket..
      I thought it was interesting too and wonder how they are handling it.

Comment

That could mean two different things the way I read it.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
            Yup. My thoughts as well.

Comment

Houston Rodeo CHL

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
              Yep, I thinking that's a poorly worded way of saying no guns. As in, if you have CHL we will pay you down to verify your not carrying.

Comment

I emailed for clarification. I suspect they won't respond.

Comment

City owned property so they "shouldnt" be able to enforce a no guns rule for chl holders..
                  not sure i like being identified and "checked out" as a guy with a legally carried firearm though.... even if i understand the intent..

Comment

In to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Spoken0313 View Post
                      In to learn

Me too

Comment

Hmmmmm..................All depends on the definition of "cleared" means in this statement.

Comment

Not a big deal if they wand me and find my sidearm I'll show them my license.

Comment

I have to question their "security scan". Went to the BBQ cook off last night. Going into the check station they had to see my money clip which has a magnet in it. They never questioned the knife in my front pocket.

Comment

PC ยง46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a h andgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
                              (b) A license holder commits an of fense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
                              (1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;
                              (2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event

Comment

Working...
                              X