No announcement yet.

Big Cat kill in East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there have been some caught on camera but the guy that stoled the camera cant show them for fear of getting caught!

Comment

I have not seen one, but heard them before at night and that scream is something you won't soon forget. To the naysayers, just because you have not seen them dosen't make it not true.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
        Here:

Confirmed cougar fatalities in East Texas since 1990 as reported by TP&W: 11.

br

i cant look at cougar websites while at work.

Comment

The black ones always run in pairs!

Comment

I heard one several years ago (real close) that scared the crap out of me even with a rifle in hand. Thought my buds were playing a joke. Same time calf and goats were mauled in several mile radius.

Now as for up close encounters...this past year hunting New Mexico I walked up on a large one....gulp, 18 yards and arrow nocked looking eye to eye for a few seconds thinking...I can put that arrow in his neck but will he be on me before I get drawn back? He finally turned and slithered off. I had to go in his direction to get back to the truck that evening and the rest of the hunt (in the rain) I kept my head spinning making sure I was not the hunted.

Comment

Here:

br
              If I was a cougar.. I would be living down there in south florida.. prolly on the beach..

Comment

Here:

br
                Thanks, BR, that is great info and should clear up any skepticism about the occasional sightings, I know good and well I saw one. I still wish I could see a trail cam pic from our area. I could have had a VERY RARE confirmed Polk County Mountain Lion kill if I wasn't such a pansy, what a pity! I am so ashamed! I still remember not wanting to turn around to check my back trail for fear I would lose speed!

I heard there range is like 90 miles, could be why they are so scarce, just not enough room for em.

Comment

Well, allow me to retort...

Who needs pictures when there is this website with the little dots on a map

Comment

Originally posted by dcrow View Post
                    Well, allow me to retort...

Who needs pictures when there is this website with the little dots on a map

So the fact that TP&W has reported 11 cougars that were either ran over or shot in East Texas since 1990 is not evidence enough for you?

Do you have a picture of God? I just can't buy into all of the hype without seeing Him for myself...

br

Comment

So the fact that TP&W has reported 11 cougars that were either ran over or shot in East Texas since 1990 is not evidence enough for you?

Do you have a picture of God? I just can't buy into all of the hype without seeing Him for myself...

br

Hallelujah to that...

Comment

Originally posted by dcrow View Post
                        Hallelujah to that...

Hahaha! Just messin' with ya'. I could really care less who believes what about anything. But in all seriousness, seeing as how you are in Houston I am sure that you are familiar with Chester Moore and would consider him trustworty. A quick google search and you can find his first hand account of encountering a cougar in Southeast Texas.

br

Comment

Nah, I don't know who Chester Moore is but I do wanna see any and all proof (pictures, videos, carcass, etc) of "big cats" from East Texas. I'm not saying they don't exist there...yes I am.

Comment

Me and the brother-in-law ran into one south of Coleman. We were out just walking the fringes of the property. The back property line has a creek with quite a few young mesquites along the bank and a 10 acre field on the other side of the trees. We were in the field walking the edge of the trees when a large black cat stood up 20 yards in front of us and took off walking left to right into the 3 foot tall grass. We both looked at each other and spouted the same words simultaneously "Was that what I thought it was?"

This is the same creek I let my then 6 and 8 year old kids walk up and down.

We went to the agricultural office the next day and talked to the biologist about it. He said that people would be surprised at just how many there were wondering around.

Comment

Originally posted by Longbow99 View Post
                              .....when a large black cat stood up 20 yards in front of us and took off walking left to right into the 3 foot tall grass.

Here we go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Longbow99 View Post
                                He said that people would be surprised at just how many there were wondering around.

I would be surprised if there are more than 0...

Comment

Working...
                                X