I need to learn to repair a polaris ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to learn to repair a polaris ranger

I need to take time to learn how to repair my ranger. I have watched you tube and it seems pretty straight forward. I have to replace a passenger side rear axel which on you tube take about 15 minutes max, also need to replace the injector, 5 minutes. Parts plus labor $760 at dealer, parts on line are $200 total

Yes, anyone who owns a Polaris definitely needs to get themselves a good set of tools and the YouTube app. They will need both... A LOT.

Comment

second axel broken due to cv boot rip,

Comment

If you can replace the rear axle in 15 minutes ... Jeff Gordon will hire you.

Comment

This is why I bought a used Toyota 4 Runner for my lease ride. You have to fix both for sure so I know that but I feel like I can get the 4Runner fixed at any old place if not myself. Good luck, not slamming a Ranger they are awesome.

Comment

I've become quite the shade tree mechanic thanks to my sxs.
            But it's paid for and does the job so until I feel the need I'll just keep throwing parts at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
              Yes, anyone who owns a Polaris definitely needs to get themselves a good set of tools and the YouTube app. They will need both... A LOT.
              Without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                Yep. Better learn how to replace those axles for sure because they will continuously fail.

Comment

I just watched the video. That looks super easy.

Comment

It took about 30 minutes to do mine. Took my time and worked slowly through each step.

Comment

I don't have a ranger but im sure my Honda is similar..its only a pain the first time, and if you try to do it with what you have instead of the proper tools. Went and bought a ball joint tool and some clip pliers after a few days of being a cheap ***** and finished the job fairly quickly. I think that I could do it in 45 min to an hour now that I have an idea of whats going on

Comment

Well get after it then!!!

Comment

Super easy.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

No issues with mine but I had no issues with my Honda FourTrax either!

Comment

Axel is easy to change until you can't get to compression ring to release or break it by the cup. I always put never size back on the splines for the next time it breaks.

Comment

Working...
                              X