Spartan Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartan Cams

So I had to send the cams back for repair . I have been without my cams since 10/16 I called the other day they tell me they are going to replace or maybe repair no idea on ETA but soon .

I have to say not very happy its not like they are doing me a favor by fixing their products .

Getting in touch with them is very hit or miss to say the least .

Several phone calls to find out what the ETA is have been not much just as soon as they can . So last letter was 11/16 stating we are working on it .

I have had no dealing with other game cam company's so I cannot say what their repair time is like.

i can say that I had to post a pretty nasty message on their FB page to get some one to call me . as I could not get through to anyone time after time several calls a day for several days in a row

Over 60 messages a day they are not able to get back to people . ( was what I was told)

I do not feel I would tell some one to buy this product due to lack good customer service .

again doing their job is not what I would call Good . Time frame wise its bad .

Well New cams showed back up . There was no repair just replaced them . Odd that it took SO long to finally just send out new ones . Yes they did warranty them just took a long time .

Just A FYI and those day do not include shipping . so 31 total days to replace them .. I would be out of business if I took that long

Comment

Update on the cams So they upgraded my 3 G to a 4g but with ATT not sure that matters.

That is the good .

The bad is that they told me to keep sim cards and SD cards in both units when I sent them back. Which i did, however they kept the all cards ( 2 SD and 2 Sims)

Sent me new Sims but no SD cards ..

As well one Sim was a ATT card the other a spartan I was not aware that ATT will take your money on the spartan Sim but it will not work as well You must use a class 10 SD card for best results .

After no luck getting in touch with Spartan to get them up and running I FB messaged them and a non employee got back to me . after about 2 hours or messing around I got both of them up and running . They where failing to perform hello test not registering etc

Currently testing them in the house and back yard with dogs .. HA HA one of the dogs has been taking food off counter so we will know which one know

Comment

I've used three spartan go cams for several years. I have had numerous issues with them but all but 2 were my own fault. Forget to buy credits, cell service plan ran out, dead batteries, all my fault.
        One camera would quit sending pics randomly, a firmware update fixed it.
        Another camera just quit all together, would not turn on. They replaced for free with quick turn around.

The customer service has been great, chat, emails, and phone calls. Maybe not immediate every time but fast enough..

Cameras in general are just ok, they bc work with occasional hiccup. The random daylight trigger from feeder shadows drives me nuts. I'm also irritated with having to buy credits, but somehow they have to pay for customer service

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
          I've used three spartan go cams for several years. I have had numerous issues with them but all but 2 were my own fault. Forget to buy credits, cell service plan ran out, dead batteries, all my fault.
          One camera would quit sending pics randomly, a firmware update fixed it.
          Another camera just quit all together, would not turn on. They replaced for free with quick turn around.

The customer service has been great, chat, emails, and phone calls. Maybe not immediate every time but fast enough..

Cameras in general are just ok, they bc work with occasional hiccup. The random daylight trigger from feeder shadows drives me nuts. I'm also irritated with having to buy credits, but somehow they have to pay for customer service

So something I did not know was that when you use the "spartan sim card" and buy the data you get credits with that price as well so 3 month plan is data plus the credits .. Just found that out last night

understand I am only posting my first hand experience with Spartan , I feel they need to step up the " do's and donts for sure "

as well I get they are a small company but the lack of CS has been a massive issue for them lately . Many have posted about this .

I got a callback today from them , I tried to call back to tell them I got it working and ask about the mix up on sims cards and my missing SD cards . Tired 4 times since 12 HA HA cannot get through again .

That has been my issue . as well many others Not sure why two cams went down so close o together maybe a bad batch of something ??
          Last edited by HDWRENCH; 11-27-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I use my Spartan as a security cam on my barn. Shadows from trees have tripped it off, but I know its working. Had a few problems in the beginning with set up and got it handled thru CS.

Comment

yes the shadow thing trips mine all the time .

Comment

Working...
              X