Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

2018 Please Stay Out of The Cellar Tour

If the preseason games I watched are any indicator, the pitching flat out sucks. When you gotta scrape Bartolo Colon off the bottom of port-a-potty floor, you know you are in for some bad times. I sure hope Jon Daniels is planning for the future because this offseason was a big bunch of meh..

Not expecting much but I will be watching as usual. Hopefully they can surprise us all....I have seen bigger turnarounds from this team and others..
    Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2018, 10:52 AM.

I like baseball.

Comment

Go Rangers!!

Comment

Surprise me Rangers! Gonna needs lots of luck this year.

Comment

Not getting my hopes up too high but I will stick with them. They have been worse.

PLAY BALL !!!!! LET'S GO RANGERS !!!!

Comment

If and when the Rangers go 1-0 how many WS bound replies will we get? I have many delusional Rangers buddies

Comment

I'll be somewhat satisfied if they stay in the middle of the AL wins/losses pack, most of the young talent steps up and plays as hoped, and if Adrian Beltre has a healthy, productive final season.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                If and when the Rangers go 1-0 how many WS bound replies will we get? I have many delusional Rangers buddies

Post #6 is the first official douc*e post on the 2018 official Rangers thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                  Post #6 is the first official douc*e post on the 2018 official Rangers thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put him on ignore. TBH d**che #1

Comment

Good luck to the Rangers! I'm ready for some baseball

Comment

Not sure how a 6 man pitching rotation is going to work. Disappointed the Rangers didn't get pitching help. Maybe we can hang in there for a wild card. Go Rangers!

Comment

I think they are trying to rebuild the team so that they have a contender by 2020 when the new stadium opens. I just dont think they have the arms in the minors, nor the deep pockets to spend in free agency, to develop a quality pitching staff in the next three years. I am not optimistic about this rebuild, at least within that time-frame....

For this year, I am just hoping for competitive baseball for the most part (i.e. .500 ball). I can live with that.

Comment

I see more strikeouts than hits from this line-up.
                          Pitching will be just like most years in the past.
                          I like the rangers too much, so I will be watching pretty much every game!
                          My prediction is dead last in the west. I think 75 wins will be stretching it with this team. I hope they prove me wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                            I think they are trying to rebuild the team so that they have a contender by 2020 when the new stadium opens. I just dont think they have the arms in the minors, nor the deep pockets to spend in free agency, to develop a quality pitching staff in the next three years. I am not optimistic about this rebuild, at least within that time-frame....

For this year, I am just hoping for competitive baseball for the most part (i.e. .500 ball). I can live with that.
                            I agree, but as long as they don't go full on tank mode. A year or two where they dont sell off the farm in July will be a good start. The money is there. They are saving 20+ million in payroll this year compared to last. I guess JD and the owners didnt think that 20+ would be enough to put them over the edge so they are stashing it.

This club can be competitive but guys are going to have to step up. #1 is Odor. He has to improve. If Maz and Gallo take steps forward the offensive will be there. Just hope the pitching can hold up.

Comment

Going to be a long season but like the rest of you, hoping to see some bright spots in our young guys for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X