my big ol' box blind-not pretty but BIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my big ol' box blind-not pretty but BIG

Not as pretty as Dale M's and I still have a little work left to do but here it is. Just put it out this past weekend.
    It has an 84"x84" floor 6'6" in the back and 7' in the front.
    Windows are 40"x9". And the thing is heavy as ****.
    Putting the roof on was no fun.
    Most of the wood was free and it's essentially modular...held together mostly with a ton of lag bolts and expanding foam to fill in any spaces.

looks good and roomy to..haul that in your truck...Whew Ford tuff..

Comment

Hey deer T that looks great! Your lease kinda looks like ours with the lots of low bushy trees. Where you hunting? I was going to go 12' high to get above some of it, but I don't think it would help me any, may go low like you.

Comment

whitailfinatic- actually I did haul it in the truck but in about 12 pieces and put it together out at the lease...and yes it was no fun getting it out there. 2 hour drive from the metromess out to jacksboro area about 8 straps holding it all down.

Roger493- I hunt just south of Jacksboro. The blind floor is about 4 feet off the ground mainly because thats what the free fenceposts were already cut at. Also, I don't think we could have gotten it any higher by hand just because of the weight. It's framed out with 2x4's and 2x6's and 3/4inch plywood and some 1/2inch so it's just plain heavy. I stained it with fence sealer and then put three coats of paint all which were oops paint or clearanced out sealer. The wood was all free except the floor and the roof.

Good luck. I don't think I'll ever make one this big again but it was fun. Next one will be about half this size.
        later

Comment

maybe a little more green in that custom camo

Comment

Nice shootin house. Ooops. I mean box blind.

Comment

NICE!! Come Fall the trees will be bare and the camo will be darn near perfect for where you are setup! Good job!

Comment

Working...
              X