Deer hanging around when you are trying to leave the blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I've seen this discussed several times around here - methods for running off deer without alerting them that there is a human in the vicinity. Last weekend it was past legal shooting light and there were 5-6 deer still hanging around within 30 or so yards from my set-up. I was running late and really needed to get on the road but I did not want to get out of the blind and let them see/smell me. I pulled out my phone and found on youtube a recording of a pack of coyotes howling. I turned up the volume and hit play and those deer practically turned inside out and scattered like a covey of quail. It worked but I hope it didn't work too well - they may still be running!
    HAHAHA! I wish I had this problem

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
      Try hitting your racking horns a couple good whacks. Also blow long and loud on your grunt tube if you have one handy.
      One time I blew a snort wheeze on my grunt tube and everything ran to the next county.
      Wasn't really the intended effect but could definitely work for exiting a blind.

Comment

Pig squeal

Comment

Keep a sling shot in the blind or crack a beer. Works everytime and you get to enjoy your liquid distraction on the way back to camp

Comment

I generally shoot them and then I don’t have to worry about them seeing me

Comment

Deer hanging around when you are trying to leave the blind

I hoot like an owl. I won the owl hooting contest in high school.

Skinny

Comment

I like the snort wheeze. It runs them off but does not really scare them.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  I hoot like an owl. I won the owl hooting contest in high school.

Skinny

Congratulations. #goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pop one with a slingshot

Comment

I used to pop sika does all the time when they came in. Nothing worse than getting busted by a sika doe.

Comment

I have used the doe snort or snort wheeze.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

tuthdoc posted here a couple of times that he used a doe/fawn bleat can to move deer off his corn or pen.. I always thought it was funny or ironic that a deer call scared his deer off for him but figure WTH...why not for $7. I bought one in 2008 and I'll be **** if it didn't work..

That reminds me. I need to get another one as my other crapped the bed last year..

Comment

I give a loud buck snort, they scatter a bit and ease off.

Comment

I snort like a hog and they run off then I hurry and get away from the area.

Comment

I generally just Flash a flashlight beam at them....they get uneasy and head off slowly . Often I will lower by bow if in a tree or tripod and let the bow make noise on the ground in the leaves. They cannot figure out what it is and they will leave. My green varmit light however does not seem to bother them. Worse case I will tap my Release on my bow riser. Metal on metal clinks will do the trick every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X