Kerrville Schreiner Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerrville Schreiner Park

I got drawn for the Doe/Spike hunt...any one ever been? Any help would be great!

Brian

Someone had to have been on this hunt last year.....any one?

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
      I got drawn for the Doe/Spike hunt...any one ever been? Any help would be great!

Brian
      Dude, you don't need no help!!! You are the whack master!!

Comment

Dang....we didn't put in this year. Next year we go a wacking

Comment

We called the number that was on the paperwork and there are some changes. The person that is supposed to run the hunt has left and they do not know if he is coming back. Now they are saying that each hunter is supposed to bring 2 bags of corn and there is now a proficency test. If you can hit a target at 20 yards then you can hunt 20yards. They will allow you to shoot up to 35 yards, but you have to pass the test.

Comment

Changing the rules before the game...two bags of corn, I was going to bring three....lol

Comment

I hunted there 2 years ago. Didn't get drawn this year or last year. The hunt was well run. Pretty much the entire staff was involved with some part of the hunt and they did a great job.

Potato chips work pretty well if you run out of corn. The deer there seem to like camper handouts.

Comment

Yes, they will eat out of your hand . I've camped there several times.

Comment

Where do they run the hunts? Do they run them in the camping area or in the woods behind the camping area?

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                    We called the number that was on the paperwork and there are some changes. The person that is supposed to run the hunt has left and they do not know if he is coming back. Now they are saying that each hunter is supposed to bring 2 bags of corn and there is now a proficency test. If you can hit a target at 20 yards then you can hunt 20yards. They will allow you to shoot up to 35 yards, but you have to pass the test.
                    They can't implement a change since TPWD Public Hunting Program has their hunt proposal in hand and a proficiency test is NOT required for this hunt. Nor can they make any of you bring corn of any amounts if you do not wish to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post
                      They can't implement a change since TPWD Public Hunting Program has their hunt proposal in hand and a proficiency test is NOT required for this hunt. Nor can they make any of you bring corn of any amounts if you do not wish to do so.
                      Well they are saying that you must bring corn and you must take and pass a proficiency test or you will not be allowed to hunt.

They said that they have had too many bad hunters come in and make some real bad shots.

Just what they are telling us. I could care less. A couple bags of corn is nothing and I can pass what ever test they throw at me.

Comment

It is listed as
                        PRIVATE LANDS; ANTLERLESS/SPIKE

Notice:
                        These private lands anterless/spike hunts will be administered by the landowner with whom TPWD has executed a lease agreement.

---------------

It is not on TPWD managed property. It is basically a private hunt paid for by TPWD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper John View Post
                          It is listed as
                          PRIVATE LANDS; ANTLERLESS/SPIKE

Notice:
                          These private lands anterless/spike hunts will be administered by the landowner with whom TPWD has executed a lease agreement.

---------------

It is not on TPWD managed property. It is basically a private hunt paid for by TPWD.

Comment

I thought that was correct. Like I said I could care less either way. I am glad to be out hunting and 2 bags of corn is a small price to pay. I just hope the axis deer are in the area I hunt. I would really like to shoot an axis doe. That would be the absolute best for me. Plus the hides are just beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                            X