No announcement yet.

2018 Colorado OTC DIY Solo Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats that is awesome! Did you de-bone all the quarters? How many trips to pack him out three or four?

You the Man!

What kind of pack are you using?

Comment

Sounds picture perfect...congrats on the hard work

Comment

My sincerest congratulations to you sir!! MUCH RESPECT I have for you!! That's no easy task.
        How many trips did it take you to get him out?

Comment

[QUOTE=Killer;13633410]Congrats that is awesome! Did you de-bone all the quarters? How many trips to pack him out three or four?

You the Man!

What kind of pack are you using?[/QUOTE

I was using and Alps packframe. It took me a total of 3 trips to pack him out. My first trip I took a bone in hind quarter, bone in front shoulder, 1 backstrap and both tenderloins. I started my decent around 4pm and made it to my truck by 8pm. I had some ice left over in my coolers so I put the meat I just packed out in one cooler and added the ice from the other cooler. After that I headed to town 45 minutes away to stock up on ice for the rest of the meat. Made it back to where I park my truck and spent the night in the backseat. I got up at 6 am the next morning and made the continuous "up hill" journey back to where I shot the bull. I decided to debone this load which consisted of a boned out hind quarter, boned out front shoulder, 1 backstrap and some grind meat. I made it back to my truck by 3 pm. After I finished icing down the rest of the meat I just hauled out I made my last journey in. I made it back to my camp around 7:45 pm. I spent one more night in the mountains. I woke up at 6:30am the next morning packed up my camp and headed to get my bulls head. After I packed his head on I headed to my original camp spot to pick up my tent, tarp, and some random stuff. I made it to my truck at 1100 am. Loaded up, got some food, and made the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            How are you gona top this next year?
            Not sure I ever will but if I do I'll thank the Lord again.

Comment

Oh man!! You sir have some serious stamina and drive goin' on right there! Again, MUCH respect!! It just don't get no better'n that right there!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Oh man!! You sir have some serious stamina and drive goin' on right there! Again, MUCH respect!! It just don't get no better'n that right there!
                My last trip out my right knee was aching pretty bad and my shoulders rubbed completely raw but I knew there would eventually be end to my pain. To be honest it was hard to pack him out but for me it was harder Everytime I had to make the trip back UP the mountain.

Comment

that is bad ***x

Comment

Great Job. Congratulations!!!

Comment

Wow

Comment

Awesome adventure for sure. Congrats!!!

Comment

Just seeing this thread! Very well done. I am 0-4 on elk and realize exactly how difficult those hunts can be. Very impressive and kongrats on getting it done!!!!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=ol hard horn;13633475]
                              Originally posted by Killer View Post
                              Congrats that is awesome! Did you de-bone all the quarters? How many trips to pack him out three or four?

You the Man!

What kind of pack are you using?[/QUOTE

I was using and Alps packframe. It took me a total of 3 trips to pack him out. My first trip I took a bone in hind quarter, bone in front shoulder, 1 backstrap and both tenderloins. I started my decent around 4pm and made it to my truck by 8pm. I had some ice left over in my coolers so I put the meat I just packed out in one cooler and added the ice from the other cooler. After that I headed to town 45 minutes away to stock up on ice for the rest of the meat. Made it back to where I park my truck and spent the night in the backseat. I got up at 6 am the next morning and made the continuous "up hill" journey back to where I shot the bull. I decided to debone this load which consisted of a boned out hind quarter, boned out front shoulder, 1 backstrap and some grind meat. I made it back to my truck by 3 pm. After I finished icing down the rest of the meat I just hauled out I made my last journey in. I made it back to my camp around 7:45 pm. I spent one more night in the mountains. I woke up at 6:30am the next morning packed up my camp and headed to get my bulls head. After I packed his head on I headed to my original camp spot to pick up my tent, tarp, and some random stuff. I made it to my truck at 1100 am. Loaded up, got some food, and made the drive home.
                              DUDE! Puttin' in the WORK!

Comment

Working...
                              X