This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
    Count me in the group that prefers this approach. I love to see different teams each year.
    Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Yes sir, I'm good with the current approach and they continue to add great destinations.
    As a season ticket holder and frequent traveler to away games, I am good with this. I would like to play A&M, but not at the expense of dropping these blue blood type games.

Comment

This is some interesting facts in regards to the SEC and scheduling since it was being discussed.

Comment

Yeah bro, but we canabalize each other in conference.

USC, tOSU, ND, Texas, OU, FSU, Miami, Clemson, Michigan and Nebraska should all man up and join the SEC West.
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-21-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Meh. Those SEC locations don't do much for me. Collie Station is about the same as Lubbock. Worse than Waco. LOL. Austin is probably one of the top locations to visit. Nooooooooooooooo to Los Angeles. been there. Sucks bad.
          Perhaps for an out-of-state school, but for a native Texan, it's little more appealing than Waco, Cstat, Houston, DFW, etc. Heck, in terms of game day experience and vitriol, I'd rather (narrowly) see a game at Jones Stadium than at JJF@DKRMS. And isn't Athens one of those SEC locations that initiated this most recent round of discussion? Oh, and BR? Is State College or College Park any more appealing than SEC Blue Bloods?

(BTW, the only reason I mentioned LA as a "destination" is because both teams have travelled there recently)
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Perhaps for an out-of-state school, but for a native Texan, it's little more appealing than Waco, Cstat, Houston, DFW, etc. Heck, in terms of game day experience and vitriol, I'd rather (narrowly) see a game at Jones Stadium than at JJF@DKRMS. And isn't Athens one of those SEC locations that initiated this most recent round of discussion? Oh, and BR? Is State College or College Park any more appealing than SEC Blue Bloods?

(BTW, the only reason I mentioned LA as a "destination" is because both teams have travelled there recently)
            Yes, for an out of state school. In state teams hate each other too much to give any of the destinations much love.

OK, I have to ask. You would rather have a goal post shoved in your face and look at some sand than eat great BBQ and spend an afternoon on Lake Travis?
            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-21-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Yes sir, I'm good with the current approach and they continue to add great destinations.
              I like the adding if the new teams/big games but would like the see the Texas/Aggie game brought back. Alot of history with that rivalry.

Comment

Both would make it unfair due to the way the SEC schedules.

Comment

Yes, for an out of state school. In state teams hate each other too much to give any of the destinations much love.

OK, I have to ask. You would rather have a goal post shoved in your face and look at some sand than eat great BBQ and spend an afternoon on Lake Travis?
                  LOL! I specified "game day experience", so that eliminates the lake from the equation, and certainly I could find some good grub (BBQ or otherwise) at a fellow TBHer's tailgate (at either stadium). As for goalposts, I don't see that happening again after my team kicks the ever-lovin' **** out of them on their home turf!

Either way you slice it, you are spot on with giving in-state destinations much love. I wouldn't rank either Lubbock or Austin as a desired destination (over most OOS OOC) to watch an away game. I'm sure Cstat falls into that category for most here (although it probably behooves anybody that hasn't watched a game at either stadium to experience it at least once. In honesty, I've never watched a game at either Jones or DKR.)
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

I am and have always been a longhorn fan, but if we are talking about a night out after a game, I would rather be at Northgate than 6th street. Austin is way better overall than CStat though minus the hippes/crazy liberals.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Michael. I'd much rather travel to a lot of the SEC or other towns than a Big XII one.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        This is some interesting facts in regards to the SEC and scheduling since it was being discussed.

Texas and WV play 11 P5 opponents this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would have to pick the Pac 12 in reality. Mountains, weather, beaches.

Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama do nothing for me. Missouri and Georgia.....meh.

As for game day experience the State Fair in Dallas trumps all. Not even close.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-21-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I woukd have to pick the Pac 12 in reality. Mountains, weather, beaches.

Agreed. Except L.A. I was stationed around there in the Corps and have no desire to go back. Athens is a pretty cool place too

Comment

As long as we can all agree that Norman is a sewer, and should be moved off of 35 so as to be more easily avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would have to pick the Pac 12 in reality. Mountains, weather, beaches.

That's hard to argue...
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X